Re-Sizing Pictures Down To 250KB On A Windows Computer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Re-Sizing Pictures Down To 250KB On A Windows Computer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

I read here on the forum that a Macintosh computer provides a program where you can put a picture into it, tell it how many KB's you want the finished image to be, and it does so.

Is there any such program for Windows? Paint is good, but it is a trial-and-error, hit-'n-miss procedure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

Try...
Imageresizer.codeplex.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

I believe that with Paint and all the online resizers, trial-and-error and guesswork are your only options. Before you finally click OK, there's no way to tell with any precision what the final file size will be, as there is with a Mac. Most folks just pick a percentage that works for one photo and stick with it for all pictures. The final result may be 200 KB instead of 250 KB, but for a lot of pictures that's good enough.

250 KB

207 KB. Big enough for a lot of images.

O course, some folks overdo it a bit.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

bill! untell they upgrade the program it will not get any better. thanks for the old pics thats all they got. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

-Bill-
I had the Windows 8.1, updated to the 10.
Mark S. told me about this site, and it's what I find works nicely and still use.
Best with one photo at a time, each sized to a max of 250KB.
'Saved' to disk, (actually as a 'Download file') onto the desktop.
That re-sized photo is able to be 'uploaded' to the thread/ad you wish to attach it to, from that re-sized 'download' you'd saved to your desktop file.
Once you've uploaded to the thread/ad, keep or delete from your desktop as you wish.
The site URL:
http://www.picresize.com/
Hope that helps.
PM me if you need further clarifications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Mary! i just tried it a lot of guess work. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

Keep in mind that it's NOT the picture size, it's the FILE size that matters on the forum. When you save a JPG photo with one of the online or desktop resizers, you can not only change the size of the picture, but also its compression. (JPG compression is why today's digital cameras can store so many photos.) So, go ahead and resize the photo so it looks good on the forum, and if it's too big of a file (above 250kb), just change the compression. Here's an example:

This photo is 188kb:

And this photo is 44kb:

The ONLY difference is the amount of JPG compression. When you use a resizer, stop and read the options before you save. One of them will be "JPG Quality", or they may actually give you a slider or some other control to adjust the compression.

No one ever needs to post a little tiny image just to get under the 250kb limit. It's all in the instructions of whichever photo program you decide to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

-Charley-
"Proficiency comes with practice." It only takes me few moments to re-size & post - Even if I tried to post a 'selfie mug shot'.... Though, THAT would then probably qualify the thread to automatically be deleted!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration