Funny first start story today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Funny first start story today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

First Model T startup today... And a Very funny true story...

Three Mormon missionaries were walking by and I invited them to ride along because they had watched me change the oil and plugs, etc.

After about 10 stalls we got up the hill but soon after turning around, as we were coming back down the hill the radiator cap blue Rusty rain all over their white shirts and my windshield.

Hahaha

I hope a new radiator cap solves the problem. I told him they are truly my "witnesses" that it runs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

MyWitnesses

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Hey Chris:

Get one of those rubber gaskets under the cap, you'll save on buying new shirts .....LOL..

Seriously, there are rubber gaskets available

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 11:57 am:

You may already have a rubber radiator cap gasket in your plumbing supplies box!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/631921.html?1460389815

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 12:16 pm:

I cut my gasket from a sheet of rubberized cork. So far so good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:47 am:

Lucky Mormans; over here in New Zealand they ride pushbikes!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 09:00 am:

That is baptism by T!

They are now saved from a life without ever riding in a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

Years ago, I was out splitting wood in the backyard with a mall and a splitting wedge. I had about 3 cord of wood to split and I was working up a pretty good sweat. Finally I stopped long enough to sit and have a smoke and a beer, when up the driveway came these two good looking young fellas wearing their suit jackets and neckties and carrying their briefcases. When they got up to where I was working I simply looked at them and said "I'm not interested."

What they heard was, " I want to burn the next couple hours discussing my lack of spiritual interest and my ensuing salvation."

I made small talk with them while I finished my smoke and about half a can of beer and said something along the order of "well, this wood ain't gonna split itself."

Then one of them brought up the idea of perhaps one of them splitting for awhile. I handed him the maul and said "have at it."

I've never seen two guys work so hard at splitting firewood in my life. They went after it hard for about two hours. I brought them ice water to drink and I finished off another beer.

We talked about fishing and farming and their families and my kids and in general had a real nice time.

They were some really great kids. I invited them back for supper a few nights later but they said they were going to be going back to Utah in a couple days and their year of teaching and spreading the word was done.

But the word must have went out on me to the rest of the Elders that might be coming to Minnesota. Because the good lord has never seen fit to sending two more young souls since!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration