Opinion needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Opinion needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Do you think replacing the disc in the bottom of the transmission, above the drain, and bending it up, as shown, will force oil into an oil line. I drilled the drain plug and installed a line that takes oil through a filter and oil pump, to pressurize the drilled main bearings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:44 pm:

A rule of thumb is 10 psi per 1,000 rpm. I saw a demo of and outside oil line that Texas T made and I think it ran up to 5 psi max if I remember correctly. The demo had paddles and the line was mount in the side of the hogshead.

I don't feel it would produce enough pressure to flow oil through the filter and feed the mains with enough oil. IMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 12:11 am:

Thanks Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 12:40 am:

Oh great, ... I see how you are ! First you ask for an opinion, and then we get
the old bait and switch with a specific question !

And here I thought somebody (for once) wanted an opinion out of me ! and I was
all ready to randomly opine on the subject of my choice ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 10:40 am:

I think Mike may have missed where you intend to use an oil pump. By itself you wouldn't get enough pressure, but it may be sufficient to feed an oil pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 11:24 am:

John, that is how I thought it should work. I just need a steady supply of oil for the "suck and push" oil pump, Mike, Thanks for that info. My engine driven pump stays at around 45PSI, so with your info I should have enough pressure. I also have an electric pump that I turn on for pressure before I start the engine. (I have an A crank).

"Burger" My post was to change subject from some of the stuff on here lately. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 11:59 am:

I did miss the "oil pump",senior moment. Don't know why it wouldn't work. Would like to see some pictures after you have got it all installed,

Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 06:06 pm:

My Ex-Mother in law asked me for my opinion.
I said "you're ugly"!
I asked her if she wanted a second opinion?
I said "you're stupid too"!

Rimshot!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

Looks like uphill flow to me! If that were at the top of the hogs head, you might have some success with flowing oil to the mains, but I don't think you would get pressure either way.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

The complications are endless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

I have basically the same setup as pictured in one of my "T's". If I remember correctly on a vertical clear plastic hose it would develop about 18 inches of head pressure with the engine running at what I guessed was a cruising RPM. I don't remember if the measurement was from the drain plug or the bottom of the inspection cover.
I routed my oil line to a filter located as low as possible. The line leaving the filter goes to the front of the inspection cover,
The check valve in the oil filter has been clipped so as not to restrict flow.
I should add that while the line moves oil it also contains lots of air.
There is little to no flow at idle.

I believe if this was used to feed an oil pump the air would be a major problem

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration