Any other Model T owners in TN?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Any other Model T owners in TN?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 09:21 am:

I'm in Spring Hill, TN

Any others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 09:43 am:

Chris;

I'm in Collierville. I frequently travel the western third of the state for work, but rarely get east of the river (Tennessee).

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry LaPatka- East Tennessee on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 09:56 am:

Chris,
Just outside Gatlinburg, Cosby, Newport in Parrottsville, Tn. 423-623-5656 or email: ltlapatka@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

I'm in Memphis. Next door to Collierville. Google says 3+ hours away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:35 pm:

Chris, the TN T's are a very active bunch and have members all over middle TN, I think Gary Tillstrom is the president or contact, he is a frequent poster on the forum.
We have a group in East Tn of which Larry is a member.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

I'm in West TN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 03:15 pm:

I'm 30 miles north of Memphis. We have members from all over the state but most are West TN and Middle TN. There are a few near you. We have a couple members in Lawrenceburg, Eagleville, Nashville, etc. We also have some bunched up on the TN river are near Pickwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 03:26 pm:

I'm in Pickwick Lake TN. Model Ts don't float very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

I'm in West TN. My daughter lives in Collierville.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Great! Is there a TN event in 2016 where we can all meet and swap war stories?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

Chris, I believe the Tennessee T's (Larry Williams, Hurricane Mills / Waverly) put on the Natchez Trace Tour every October. I haven't been in years, so I'm not positive it is still an organized event.

We'd gather at the Hampton Inn near exit 199 near Nashville, and head out to the Trace. Lunch stops and overnight stops gave us time to recuperate and talk.

It was about 435 miles each way, and a lot of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

I am in Powell TN. Our local Smokey Mtn T folks have a tour every year and this year it will hub out of Madisonville.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

I'm trying to put together a tour down the east side of the Tenn-Tom waterway I'm just sure how many people would attend. I'm thinking in September for a 1 day event. It's a great gravel road well maintained and the views are super.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Simmering, Afton, TN on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

I am in Afton, TN about 90 miles northeast of Rick Goeltz. We are looking forward to taking our T Model to Auburn, NY for the MTFCI tour the middle of July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:32 pm:

Richard....Gravel???

Keep me posted; it might be fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

Didn't seem to to much interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Was thinking of putting a club together that dose nothing but tours. Working on legals and need help in that regard. Lots of places to tour close by and want to work with local and close clubs. I have put together many tours with wagons and horses that went well in Montana. Would need some volenteers and help with logistics and legals. I in no way want to compete with our local club. I just want to tour more here in Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama. All advise and help would be appreciated. Pm me instead of plugging up the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 03:48 pm:

I'm in Huntsville, AL, just a little ways south of you down I-65. Once I get my T up and running I'd be happy to drive up that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:25 pm:

Bill. It's like a county road except it's not used by the public. I'm waiting for the OK from the Corp. The road is locked but we should be able to use it for a tour. It runs down the east side of the Tenntom waterway. Great road with great views. I'm thinking this fall when it's cooler. I'll les y'all know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Richard, There are 3 of us here in Humboldt, TN that will take that tour with you. You and I have already talked about it recently. The Hillbilly tour in Missouri is Sept 7-11 and I'm signed up to go. Any other dates are fine. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:16 pm:

Chris, I live in Hendersonville Tn. I haven't been very active this year with the T except driving it locally around here. Seems every time we try to plan on a trip something with one of the eight grandkids takes preference... My wife keeps saying that will soon change... They want need their Nanna and Pappa around... Guess she's right, better enjoy them while I can...Two of the eight play hockey for the Jr. Predators and they depend on me to take them to practice and then expect me to go to their games.. Even though I do admit I like it but still miss the T tours...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

I forgot to mention our Tennessee T's club. Gary Tillstrom is our President and a great club it is... Wonderful people with lots of activities, knowledge and just good people to know... Well worth being a member...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brent in 10-uh-C on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Next year's Poor Boy Tour will be in Greeneville, TN around the middle of June. For pictures from previous year's tours, search on Facebook for Model T Poor Boy Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Thanks Chester. I belong to that club. It is a great club and sure good folks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:35 pm:

I hope we can organize something this fall.

Chris@Laughary.com
615-686-0869

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Chris- the Tennessee T's has quite a few members within an hour's drive of Spring Hill. These folks are good to know. Many have been around Model Ts for a long while and they would be happy to assist you in any way they can.

Not all of our members participate in club tours. Many are in the middle of a restoration, or simply enjoy driving their T locally.

Our club has members from the following states: TN, AL, MS, KY, IN, GA, SC, AR, MO, FL, IL, OH, SD. The club was started by a few local Tennessee friends, back in the late 90's, who started an annual ride on the historical Natchez Trace. Soon others learned about the ride and it became an annual tour and Model T folks from all over the country wanted to join the tour and join our club. The annual tour continued for over 10 years.

We have a website with many photos, club history, archived newsletters, short Model T videos, membership application, etc.
http://tennesseets.weebly.com/

Sometimes the Tennessee River gets in our way, but we usually find a way to get to the other side.

Ferry ride

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration