Model T Museums, Swap meets, etc.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T Museums, Swap meets, etc.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 10:53 am:

I will be traveling (modern car not in my T) a big loop from central Texas in late July & August. Included will be Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Lower Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Mississippi. Any tips on Model T museums, swap meets, etc. in these states?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Visit the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. Their biggest car show / swap of the year, The Red Barns Spectacular, is on August 6th. http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Obviously check out The Henry Ford / Greenfield Village in Dearborn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Not Model T related...Depending on where you are traveling in Ohio there is the Packard Auto Museum in Warren Ohio or the Wright Patterson Air Base near Dayton Ohio. Both are nice stops. If you choose to go to Wright Patterson you can make arrangements to see several of the past presidents aircraft (Air Force 1's) that they keep in a separate hanger. Last time I went you had to send in paperwork for reservations to go to that hanger. I don't know if it still applies but you can call them and ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 11:25 am:

Hello Mark! I hope the Model T Museum in Richmond, Indiana will be top of the list for stops on your trip this summer. Your admission will be free, of course, as a member of the MTFCA.

If you can time your visit here before August 7, you will still be able to see the special exhibit, "The Gypsy Coeds Ride the Silver Streak." It is well worth the time to see it.

I'm sure you will enjoy our collection of Model Ts and related exhibits. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Museum at 765-488-0026. We are open every day, except Mondays, from 10am to 5pm.

Hope to see you this summer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Mark, I don't have a museum per se, but a "few" Ts, if you think you're in my area or closeby, PM me ur cell # and I'll give you mine, text me then, I'll be glad to show you the toybox and take you for a ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:52 pm:

UTICA MICHIGAN

August 13 big show and swap meet in Utica Michigan. Features car and gas pump memorabilia.
Utica is in SE Michigan and a suburb of Detroit. Packard Proving Grounds are right up the street.

Show is the kickoff for DREAM CRUISE week.

For more information call Ricky @ 586 739 6505

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 01:56 pm:

Isn't your list missing a few states, like the ones bordering Texas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Auburn Cord Brandenburg museum in Auburn, Indiana. 1600 Wayne St, Auburn, IN 46706.

Not Model T related, but the Menohof center in Shipshewana, Indiana is the best place for detailed history on the Amish. 510 S Van Buren St, Shipshewana, IN 46565

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

Steve,

Those are just "Pass Through" states. :-) <grin>

Be_Zero_Be

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration