My Touring Car Turned 100 today!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My Touring Car Turned 100 today!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

My 1916 Model at touring car turns 100 years old today, June 20, 2016.

my t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 04:05 pm:

Congrats!! I love the parking spot!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 04:07 pm:

Happy Birthday too .... it !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Congratulations. If your having a cake I'll take a big slice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, June 20, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Cake at the Piquette Plant on Friday,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:56 am:

Congratulations from another member of the 100th club !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Today's my day to work at the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, so I brought in a cake. Stop in if your are in the area.

cake

car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Happy birthday to your model T. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Beaumont on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

What is the unrestored roadster to the left of it in the last photo?
Thanx
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 04:22 am:

Umm, cake? I think it would probably like a quart or so of oil...but cake?

Congratulations all the same, nice looking car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

Jeff, That is a 1912 Flanders. Very similar to the E-M-F made across the street from the Piquette Plant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent stefanacci on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 01:04 am:

happy birthday to your beautiful T !
I am curious how to find out more history of my 1919 coupe . is there a website aside from this . I just can not seem to figure that part of the hobby out ? thanks !
pm if needed as I may lose track of this thread .
vinny in nj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Beaumont on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 12:42 am:

A Flanders, huh? I had an EMF once, and have seen Flanders touring cars, but never a roadster. Walter Flanders was credited with developing the moving assembly line for Ford. Thanx, Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Beaumont on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 12:46 am:

Wasn't Northern built in that plant before the EMF? I have a 1903 Northern, designed & built by Jon Maxwell and Charles King. The Dodge Bros built the chassis for Northern, as well as the early 2 cylinder Fords and some Olds & Cadillac chassis too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Jeff, you're right. I believe it was the Northern plant, then the Wayne plant, then Everett-Metzger-Flanders (E-M-F) plant and finally the Studebaker plant. A lot of factories changed names / owners in that period. The Aerocar factory on Mack Avenue (Alexander Malcomson's company after he was kicked out of Ford) became the Hudson Motor Car Company factory.

I don't know about Walter Flanders and the moving assembly line, but he is credited with being one of the first industrial engineers. He organized and arranged the production equipment to make the work more efficient. This is how Ford set a record of producing 101 Model Ns in one day. Pretty good for station assembly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration