Never seen this

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Never seen this
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 01:25 am:

While making mods on my hand brake lever I found the handle is not only pinned but keyed as well
Just never seen this befor
The clutch cam is cast not pressed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:03 am:

Early. I am not sure just when the change was made, but that I think would be 1915 or earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

April 1, 1919 Price List Parts book, lists the hand brake lever key (Part#3457) as 1909-1917.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

Thank you Dan T!
I will try to put '17 into my brain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Thanks folks
Glad see it not a rare item as I never noticed it on my Pre 17 cars I restored but then again I never removed the handle

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration