OT- Yellostone Buses

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Yellostone Buses
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:00 am:

Richard this is for you,
Kevin

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=40296753&nid=148&title=slc-man-saves-restores-h istoric-yellowstone-buses

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Thanks Kevin. I would not have seen that article.
Merrill started bugging me about my Bus pieces in 1966. He pointed out I would never finish a project like that. I'm not sure how he does it. I commend him for painting them Yellow as they were originally. A friend in Montana lost interest and offered me the remains of 22 Bus chassis'. I am too old for anymore 18 year projects like mine was. Merrill is a few years older but had the inspiration to buy them. I wish him the best. He does them quicker than I.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Richard,
How did Tautphus Park go?
I was hoping to make it up there but as usual other things take precedent.
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:26 am:

It occurred to me that the discussion of my Bus is not completely OT. When I bought my Bus it had been converted into a wrecker. A Ford TT rear axle had been used in the wrecker boom gearing. A V8 Ford truck transmission was spliced in behind the White transmission to provide an power takeoff. One day I put both transmissions in compound and found that at idle I could drive 10 feet in a minute.
Sadly, my $250 only bought me the 2 vehicles. The wrecker boom had to be returned to the seller a few days later.
The wrecker conversion may have been done by Yellowstone Park in the 30's. If so, it would have been a wrecker for 30 some years, a Bus for a dozen. 18 in restoration and 18 as finished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Kevin. you may have seen my other post by now.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/653094.html?1466518791
There is not much T activity here any more. I found a few T parts and talked to several T guys. There is a bit more A stuff. The Street Rodders support us and some Rat Rod guys but some old parts. Corvettes, Classics, 50's, 60's and later cars round it out. We have several booths of trinkets, toys, shirts and whatnot to fill the spaces. I guess it's a sign of the times. Still fun but the folks are getting older and not as much energy. It's the same story many other places.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Rich,
Thanks for the update, I will make it there some day.
Great photos of what you started with, I know exactly where those photos above were taken. Wow lot of memories there!!!!!
Kevin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration