Idaho Swap Meet and funny bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Idaho Swap Meet and funny bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:19 am:

We had over 300 cars of all kinds at our Idaho Falls Swap Meet and Car Show this weekend. Sadly only 2 T's showed up. There are a dozen or more running T's in the ares but we can't get them out. It is a good thing to get so many car buffs together as many of them have or know about older parts and car folks are fun.
I picked up this side lamp with a strange bracket.
Can anyone tell me what it might be? (The bracket)

Also a "1904 Franklin" showed up. I wouldn't take a chance on offending the purists except I know the guy who built it. He is a pleasant, talented fellow who has been dropping in on me for 35 years or so. He watched me build fenders and body for my Yellowstone Bus. He was taken by pictures of a real Franklin and had to build one. The nice work he has done speaks for itself. Only a few T parts were used that may have never seen a better use. The engine is from a snow machine I believe. These makeshift antiques bother me a little but seeing the fun and pleasure the builders get make it easier to accept. It was a great project for him and most folks at our car show wouldn't know the difference or care.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:44 am:

That is some pretty impressive work. I wonder what it's registered as? And what did he display it as?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

Hi David. It has standard plates on it, not Antique or Classic so I don't know that. We don't register or judge the cars. They just show up and leave whenever they like. Simple has worked best for us in 38 years of our show.
We used to take the Swap Meet and Show more seriously but I have found that it is simply a nice time to see old friends once a year and catch up on their latest project or affliction. As the years go by the latter has been more prevalent.
Sometimes someone finds a treasure in my tired old pile of junk. Occasionally someone says " Oh, I have one of those" and I find a treasure. I swear I'm going to just take a carpet and chairs next year. I did sell a few things and sent a couple bucks off to the tax commission.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

I do not mind the recreation of early autos, what bothers me is when they do not disclose it as such... regardless of how it is registered.

To me it is a way for someone to have and experience an early auto often at a fraction of the cost of a real one.

This one shows some nice craftsmanship from what I see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Just did a 4 day vacation visit to my son who lives in Idaho Falls. Just had to go to the local swap meet. How can one not?

Who do I run in to; Richard Eagle, of course. Here he is with my son Carl.

Nice to have seen you again Richard. Catch you next time.

Bill
Carl and Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Bill, it was good to see you and Carl. I wish we had had more time to talk. That's a good picture of Carl. ;0)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Now which one is Rich again????
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration