Ford Run-about Pickup Bed Hardware Ad

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Ford Run-about Pickup Bed Hardware Ad
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Jay - You know,.....I gotta' believe that SOMEWHERE, laying in some old garage or barn, is one of those hardware kits that somebody bought, but never got around to actually using the hardware to build the pickup box. Wouldn't one of those unused hardware kits be a great find at a yard sale or garage sale?

Neat article Jay,......what month/year issue was in that PM magazine?

In the meantime,.....nice "find" and interesting post Jay,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

I found a similar hardware kit at an estate auction earlier this year. Nobody knew what it was but me and I managed to just miss it going across the block unsold before they lumped it in with a big ticket item just to get rid of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:59 pm:

Wow--wearing a necktie to do carpentry work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Hand Tools Only

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

Lots of old instructional books seem to show tradesmen working in white shirts and ties. I recall reading an old lathe operator's manual that recommended tucking the tie inside the shirt before using the lathe. I guess that is some evidence that it did happen, but did people actually do this in significant numbers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Apparently, yes. How times have changed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration