June 21 is a special day to me.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: June 21 is a special day to me.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

June 21 has been a very special day to me since the day I was born. President Hubert Hoover was still in office on the first June 21 that I experienced. FDR's "New Deal" was yet to come. The newest Model T Ford was 5 years old. A 1910 Model T Touring had just been brought in by the Minneapolis Pure Old Company to be used as a parade car. That was 14 years before I was able to buy that Model T - I have now owned that 1910 for 70 years. This is a special day for me and I might just find time to celebrate a bit.

DarelME

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:41 pm:

Congratulations and hope you enjoy your special day however you see fit :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Dang, you're even older than I am! :-) Congrats, and enjoy the day. Maybe a Model T drive to the ice cream parlor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Happy Birthday, Darel, and all good wishes to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

Happy Birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Best wishes and Happy Birthday to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:11 pm:

Your name always takes me back to 1963. Hope your day is wonderful.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel and Many More!

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

Happy birthday Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim williams Baldwinsville NY. on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

You are blessed enjoy and many more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Darel. I'll have 85 in Feb. Time to celebrate! (I got the T that I still own when I was 12 (1944)). Twixt thee and me we have 170 years of T "expertise"??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

And many more to come!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

Darrel,

Happy B'day and blessings in the year to come.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Happy Birthday and what a accomplishment to own a T and maintain it for such a great deal of time. That's awesome!!! I have had one of my old cars 36 years and I thought that was along time. Very cool. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Tim,
Egads, you made me do some calculating. Darel got his car when it was 34 years old, and has now had it 72 years. That does sound like a record.
I've had my A (or at least worked on it) since 1967, first drove it in 1971. The original owner had it for 24 years (he died in 1954, it sat until 1962 when my Brothers started working on it)and I've had it for 48 years, it's been restored since 1974 (was a driving restoration for a few years), which means it's been restored for 42 years, longer than it wasn't restored! this paint job has been on it the longest of any! Egads, no wonder its starting to look its age!
Hey, the car, not ME!!! :-)
Goin' tubing summer 1971

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel. Your history with your Model T is very impressive.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration