Under the Seat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Under the Seat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

The stuff ya find when you start taking off the 90 year old upholstery!!! Rats !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Well at least you didn't find Jimmie Hoffa! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

i found piles of mice skeletons under the rear seat in my Model A. Disgusting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

The irony was in the paper and cardboard that lined the nest. We have a product called RatSack that is basically grain impregnated with poison and usually left in secluded places around the barn where the rodents can access it. Amongst the nest lining was the remnants of a Rat Sack box which had been torn up and deposited and no doubt used as a maternity ward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

doesn’t have to be an old car,neighbors mini cooper had its wiring harness destroyed by mice... keep plenty of cats around :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

One day my wipers didn't work in my truck--mice eaten wires!!
In my '39 Ch@@y I found a '39 SF World's Fair token! Lost since new!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

g.r. i keep black snakes they are not as messy as cats and do a very good job!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

One thing I have heard but never believed:
mice love to crawl up the landing gear of planes and crawl into the wings to make their nests. They wake up in the morning and stumble out of the nest and take a niiice long pee, maybe punctuated by a tiny fart.
No idea what these mice eat or drink but their pee certainly corrodes aluminum. So, to stop the mice from climbing up the landing gear they say wrap the top of the gear with those fabric softener sheets you put in the dryer. the ones that make your clothes smell nice.
whatever chemicals they contain cannot be good for humans. I just hope that mice do not feel comfortable smelling gay and would much rather smell like a tough old rat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Stolpestad on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:17 am:

One morning after sitting a week I went to check the oil on my 94 grand cherokee. Opening the hood I was amazed to see the whole engine compartment filled with pine cones. And I mean filled. Took me two hours to remove all of them. Even the fan shroud was filled to the brim. Red squirrels doing there thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:34 am:

Charlie: I agree but most people I know are so frightened by any thing that slithers they kill it, you’d be surprised how many folks think a banded water snake is a moccasin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 05:18 pm:

Talking about snakes.. about 18 months ago I put the 4 year old grandson in to the cab of the my little 4 ton truck and jumped in and drove around the shed , pulled up and got out and then noticed a snake skin wrapped around the under the pedals.. got the kid out real fast .. didn't find the snake so I guess it came and went

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

There is only 2 snakes I don't like. That is live ones and dead ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:55 pm:

Tony - As soon as I read your post about the snake skin, I had to check your profile to see where you lived,....(I don't like snakes either!) I should have known,....AUSTRALIA!

My wife and I watch quite a few "nature" type documentary type programs on television, and we've decided that about two out of every three animals, reptiles, insects, fish, etc, etc, either want to sting you, or bite you, or poison you, or all three !!! Not too sure about that "outback" country of yours,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:12 pm:

When animals watch "Critter TV", they see and hear all these stories about humans
that kill everything they come in contact with !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

A little known fact. Around Grass Valley, scorpions are quite common. Now, they are a very small (about one inch long) and a relatively harmless variety. But Linda got up a couple mornings ago and found one in the kitchen sink. She was NOT happy about it, even though she had known that a few were out away from the house a few years ago. I don't tell her when I see them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 10:45 pm:

:-) Harold... I live in rural Queensland and we get the odd snake during the summer. Had a regular "Carpet Python" that lived in my tractor shed above the "T" spare parts shelves for a few years... Jake the Snake was 10 ft long and about 3 inches thick.. non-venomous and good for keeping the rats under control Picture attached.. The skin in the truck I think was an Eastern Brown, and believe me you DON'T want to step on him... there is an antivenin available but they are highly toxic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 09:33 am:

"Snakes. It had to be snakes." ~ Dr. Henry W. Jones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 11:25 am:

thats the right way !!!!! look them in the eye, non poison ones have round eyes, poison ones have cat eyes.i am talking about the pupils. also they wont live together. so i like my black snakes. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration