Anybody have a torque spec ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anybody have a torque spec ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:26 am:

magnet bolts to flywheel ??? Not the brass screws
Thanks, George n L.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:27 am:

Martynn Vowell is burning the midnight oil when it's cool and not 90 in his garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 07:34 am:

Use a 3/8" ratchet and tighten them. There is no torque spec. Torque wrenches were not used on Model Ts. You don't need one.

Question, how do you torque wood screws?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Royce
Torquing wood screws; I have the adapters to put any screwdriver bit into my torque wrench

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:16 am:

If six were nine, on a scale of 1 to 10, with three being the highest, how would the
torque specs rate on a perfect plumb, set on a level plane ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:22 am:

About even.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:56 am:

Here's a previous discussion on the magnet bolt torque topic:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/36224.html?1190338689

The suggestions were in the 25-35 ft-lbs range.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:43 pm:

George -- see attached below. If the resolution isn't clear enough, p.m. me and I'll email it to you. There's no shame in using a chart. A savvy craftsman has knowledge on his side:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 04:18 pm:

The problem with any of those torque charts is that they do not apply to a Model T Ford. If you were knowledgeable you would know that the bolts on Model T's are not built to SAE specs.

A savvy craftsman can do a job the right way. Read the Ford manual on your Model T - use the directions contained there and you won't have a lot of trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

The difference here is that I give the o.p. the benefit of the doubt that he'll be able to combine his experience with knowledge to tailor a suitable outcome for the situation he has before him. I don't often suffer trouble of my own making here in my shop. Your mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 02:15 am:

Thanks fellas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration