Old Photo - Young Ladies Posing On A Bridge In The Fashion Of The Day

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Young Ladies Posing On A Bridge In The Fashion Of The Day
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that being flat chested must have been part of the "fashion of the day" ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:45 am:

I think girls were a lot more petite back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:10 pm:

That's a nice picture of fashion back in the day. Good for reference when I look for clothes for my youngest daughter. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Burger: Indeed. http://glamourdaze.com/history-of-womens-fashion/1920-to-1929#1920silhouette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

That's one seriously industrial looking fender brace in the background...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

They didn't have the super bra technology back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

It's not a matter of bras, .... it was actually "fashion" to bind those puppies down
and flatten 'em. Curvy women were decidedly OUT of fashion !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

Dave, they didn't want it back then! They even sold "corsets for the bosom" for those ladies with ahem, more endowment, so they could appear "sheik" too.

"With silken legs and scarlet lips
We’re young and hungry, wild and free,
Our waists are round about the hips
Our skirts are well above the knee
We’ve boyish busts and Eton crops,
We quiver to the saxophone
Come, dance before the music stops
for who can bear to be alone?”
James Laver – The Women of 1926
But by 1929, the look was changing with lower hemlines, and waists back up to, well, where waists really are!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Victoria's Secret had not been invented then, and push up bras were non existent.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

Sooner or later ....

All topics discussed by Men

Come down to

S-E-X

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:02 am:

Ah, if you go back a bit more, "push ups" were the rage, with low cut--think of the wenches in Shakespeare's day! Styles just change over time, but nowadays there's faster communications and folks don't just bow to what Paris says is "it"--however, young folks seem to find crazy things to wear--like underwear as outerwear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 09:53 am:

I never understood the fascination with mega mammaries. Time and gravity makes for a cruel combination. I'll go with the old saying; More than a handful is a waste, and less than a mouthful is a shame. ;-)
Hope I don't get banned for my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

No added chemicals in the foods of the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Can't tell about the one in black, but the one in white sure looks to be mighty pretty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable and many others would be considered to fat and chubby by todays standards.

Ever notice the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader? They all look like Barbie Dolls!

The fashion models on the fashion runways are almost anorexic. Skinny and sticklike is in I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

For more on women's fashion in the 1920s, watch "Thoroughly Modern Millie." It touches on this topic directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

A friend of mines wife used to work for a major poultry company in the research department. She said it was a problem sometimes that the experimental hormones for larger breast on the chicken would be stolen from the labs because it worked well on women as well.

I must agree, top heavy is not a good thing, in women, zero turn lawnmowers or loaded trucks. Eventually all 3 will give trouble.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration