OT Photo - Kiddie Car Junk Yard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Photo - Kiddie Car Junk Yard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

Sad to say, that's probably a WWII scrap metal drive. Airplanes, Power Boat, and one very strange looking thing (third back, front row). There's a small fortune there today, and this is one reason why!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling - Dayton OH on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

there's some early 60s AMF pedal cars in there. And a few of the Murray bodies that look like 58 Plymouths.

I made mine for my daughter last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Must be a later picture, the three wheel, side steering pedal car is an AMF Probe pedal car circa 1969.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/260223684693476005/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

I think this guy scooped them all up....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:55 pm:

Is that a photo?

For a second, I thought it was one of Rich's paintings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

I thought "scrap drive" too but then I saw the post-WWII body styles on a lot of the cars. So that's really going on there? World's most respectful scrap man? Most would throw them in a big pile if they were to be recycled. Maybe a lineup to be restored for some kind of charity? Some hoarder's back yard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:40 pm:

Reminds me of the one I got for Christmas in - I believe - 1945. It was used and my dad later told me he had a terrible time finding it. I suspect that many had not survived the scrap drives. (I'm behind it and a neighbor is at the wheel.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Eclectic mix for sure. Post WW II. I think. Some newer stuff appears to be showing. The one David mentioned sure looks like it has a GTO bumper on it. Probably a space ship or boat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

I vote for "hoarders back yard" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:22 pm:

A little OT here. One of my customers for a numbers of years was Murray of Ohio ( in Lawrenceburg Tn) I was talking to some of the Maint guys there in the late 90's about pedal cars. I was told that they just scraped the dies for the pedal cars about 10 years before that. :-( All of the maint "carts" were Murray Wagons from the 60's. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

I have never seen so many pedal cars In One place.I want the plane. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 05:55 am:

@ David Dewey, The third one back in the front row sure looks like the front of a '67-68 Pontiac Firebird.

If others are saying late 60's on other items, that would surely fall into place then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:19 am:

I'm thinking I've seen this picture before. If memory serves me right it was a manufactured photo from the '60's .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:38 am:

Tim Lloid,
If you'd like to see that many pedal cars + more, visit Speedy Bill's museum (Speedway Motors)in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Floyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 01:18 am:

Chad, I agree, that one I pointed out did not look early and then when others posted, I noted all the later styles in the "pile" so, yep modern photo and I'll bet its a phony after it's looked over by this group!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:27 am:

This one is still in use. The boy THINKS it's his

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

The Pontiac Firebird looking thing is an AMF Probe 3, it later became the AMF Indy Jr, if I remember right.
Any way it is late 60's early 70's a "farb" in what was supposed to be a historical photo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amf+probe+3+pedal+car&biw=1448&bih=795&source=ln ms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifr62n0MHNAhVCzmMKHaNUC3sQ_AUIBygC

Keep your foot on the pedal,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Looks like it came with either a steering wheel, or sticks.
That car did bother me the first time I saw that picture, too much like some "spacecraft" design from the '60s.
Dan, wow, what a neat pedal car! Have you showed him a picture of the real truck it's patterned to look like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IgflJKMgG14/TeRndmZlVuI/AAAAAAABky0/PYDxpcuSJfg/s1600/ DSC_0057.JPG

Looks like the same cars. I would upload the image directly but I'm on my phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 07:24 pm:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

David, yes I have shown the boy pics of the real thing. Also, he enjoys watching black and white silent movies with me, and we've seen Mack's in them. Strange boy, when he visits he always ask to watch those old movies. I got the pedal truck in the early 70's from someone who was going to take it to a local dump. Right place right time, saved it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

What a great Thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Photo by Dick Lodge...

Wonderful photo.
Thanks.
Time huh.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration