OT-OCF-Former Adoba and Hyatt Hotel is now..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT-OCF-Former Adoba and Hyatt Hotel is now..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:23 pm:

I noticed new signs on the former Dearborn Hyatt which was the Adoba for a while. It is now the Edward Hotel and Convention Center. It is alternately listed as the Edward Village - Dearborn in case you're looking for it in order to make a reservation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Cripes, that place has changed hands a LOT. Great place, I have stayed there three times, and a few of the forum OCF regulars have as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

It's easy to spot now with the Ford Blue strip lighting on the outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

Lets hope they change the sheets as often as they change their name. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jensen on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 03:18 pm:

I have been thinking about going to the OCF, and today I was checking air fares from Phoenix to Detroit and found a very reasonable fare. So I will get to Detroit Wednesday the 7th and leave the 12th. I would like to see the Piquette Ave Plant and Edsel Ford's house while I am there. Anything else I should plan on doing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

Dan, if you stay at that hotel, you are a five minute walk to Henry Ford's house. Pick a weekday and you can get onto the grounds at least.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

Dan: You should try and take in the "Windsor Ballet" :-) Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman Bolz on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 06:48 pm:

Henry Ford House is probably still closed.
http://www.henryfordestate.org/follow-the-project
Edsel Ford estate is open but check the hours....
there is a nice brunch there on Friday's. Hit Piquette your first day as some of the cars will be
removed to go to OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 07:01 pm:

Several "Early Ford Registry" members stay at the Adoba (and preceding names) hotel during OCF. Anyone who has encountered us will confirm we have a good time during our stay.

Below is a link to one of our technical seminars, held in the lobby of the hotel a couple of years ago:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqoiaizuXu4

Don't attempt to perform the stunt demonstrated at home. It was conducted by trained professionals in a safe environment......
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration