Upholstery nails source?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Upholstery nails source?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Looking for 1" upholstery spiral nails as supplied by Cartouche. Macs doesn't seem to supply panel sets anymore and my set came with only 11 nails. Hardly enough to do both sides of the 26 roadster.
When can get them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 12:47 pm:

Don't know about spiral nails, but you can get 1" upholstery tacks at Ace Hardware,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I used the tacks Thomas spoke of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

I believe your talking about finishing brads (miniature nails as opposed to regular sized-nails) They are also available at a good hardware store, you might even find the spiral kind, or at least ring shanked, although I've not seen a need for that kind of holding power on interior upholstery panels. Now, I am assuming you are putting in cloth upholstered panels and you want these nails to "disappear" when installed. Since I don't (won't) buy Cartouche kits, I'm not certain of which you speak.
PS If the store doesn't have them, you might be able to get them to order them for you, I got some 2 penny tacks by ordering them (use them in player piano work). I did end up with 5 boxes, but I'll use them all eventually! (they were cheap, under $10 for all 5)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

Most T's used a 3/8" upholstery nail. They are no longer available, but there is a good substitute available from Witmers Buggy shop in New Holland, Pa. They are 1/32" larger in diameter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Antique Auto Ranch in Spokane has them. 509-535-7789.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Will,
Try these guys, they have lots of good stuff!
Down load their catalog and go to page 35.

http://www.restorationstuff.com/catalog.html

Keep your foot on the pedal,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Hey guys!
Thanks for all that. I'll try Restoration Hardware and the Hardware store first to see what I can find,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:26 pm:

Kevin,
I do keep my foot on the pedal, but with the Model T it's always the wrong one as I'm just learning to drive the sucker.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration