'13 Block?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '13 Block?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

This block has no casting date and the made in USA is very faint.'13 Block'13 Block 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

It is a 1912 block. The casting date is above the serial number. You can probably see it better if you take a high resolution image with a tripod.

Nice early water inlet too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Most likely made very late 1912. The 1913 body styles were out so would have been in a 1913 style body. Most of us designate cars by the styling year so a 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

The black line above the serial no. is the head the serial no. is 204488 I think an early Feb 13 no. the inlet is part of a water pump. When the block was dirty I couldn't see any of the made in usa Thank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:26 pm:

You can make out the lip at the back of the block, under the back of the head. So it is not likely a monkeyed with block. That detail can and is often faked for open valve blocks, but not usually for '12s or '13s. I do think it is a late '12 or early '13 block. I do also think I can see the shadows of the casting date above the serial number (below the head), which is a late '12 feature and could show up well into early '13. Those casting dates were sometimes very light in the casting.
Nice block! What is the car like?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Hi Wayne here are so more pixs I can't see any casting date but the block did rust. This is going in a Rootlib roaderster , two 40 year collects of 13 and 10 parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

My block 259595 is the same but has a really small made in USA on it on a small raised pad and is in a touring car that didn't have the reinforcements on the sills. I agree probably late 12 but a 13 model.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration