Accessory battery box for non starter car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Accessory battery box for non starter car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 03:20 pm:

┼ke Ísterdahl just bought an accessory battery box for non starter T's that is supposed to sit beside the tank on the LH side. It fits to be fastened to a body bracket on his 1915. Inside dimensions 2-3/4" x 10-1/2"
No markings on the box. The previous owner found it in USA.

Has anyone seen any advertising that tells who made it?

box 1

box 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Roger, I've only seen them on Fordsons and they're referred to as "Hot Shot" boxes. Fordson House in Escanaba makes a repop of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

That is for the old telephone batteries, or Hot Shots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

By the way, the one you pictured above looks like it is set up for a Fordson - that bracket mounts where the engine is bolted up to the transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

OK, thanks, I'll tell him.
So it's a standard Fordson part, then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

https://www.thefordsonhouse.com/storefront.asp?storesection=details&iid=2818

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

It was an accessory for a Fordson Roger. Not standard factory equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:10 pm:

This is the battery box on one of my Fordsons

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Meili-Blumberg was still there in New Holstein a few years ago, I looked them up, as I had a road maintainer they manufactured, which was a very good product. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration