New Gas

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: New Gas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 05:30 pm:

I wonder what all the concern is on the new type gasoline? If you want to put the conditioner in it fine with me, but why waste the money? I've never used the stuff, and I've had cars sit for over a year, and still start just fine. Just today I started my old '13 for the first time in well over six months, and it started on the first pull.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 06:33 pm:

I too have used the new gas and left it in place without any treatment without any problems. I think Model T's can tolerate the new crap pretty well but it sure did a number on my boat. They have finally started selling non-ethanol gas in my area and I am switching to it for all my vehicles except for vehicles that are supposedly designed specifically to use it. The extra cost is well worth the savings in repairs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

I put a new Holley carb on a mustang sitting in the garage with old gas in the tank. It started fine and ran ok but when I pulled it back in and tried to start it the next weekend the front accelerator pump was stuck. I normally drain the gas out of my cars after a long period stored. I was being lazy. I have had no issues on model A or T carbs but modern Holleys are a different story. I use fuel stabil normally. My dad uses auto tyranny fluid. He has great luck with that!! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adkisson on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Not sure if low compression will burn the crap or what...I put my five gal. can from last winter into my Polaris Ranger and that was all she wrote. Would not even fire! After much testing and trouble shooting, I dumped the gas tank and put in fresh collector car 91 octane and it still took a shot of starting fluid to clear the injectors. The fuel was a green/yellow color. I dumped it in my old JD 50 with low compression and it ran though not well. Only the good stuff in my cans and "T"
from here on !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

I had two different Model T's from two different owners ask me to get their cars started. Both had stuck open intake valves from gas that was over one year old. Some of the valves were quit difficult to remove.
I have found that if I mix one gallon old gas to four gallons new gas that my Model T will burn it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

The only problem I have had is that the gas gets gummy and sometimes causes the float to stick. Be sure to turn off the valve when you park or you could drain the tank.

I, however have a compressor, week whacker, and chain saw which won't start anymore.

Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration