FJ - What is with North Dakota & Montana #2 diesel ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: FJ - What is with North Dakota & Montana #2 diesel ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:10 am:

Every time I fuel with #2 diesel in North Dakota & Montana - my fuel mileage drops by 20%

Doesn't matter what time of year I fuel or what station I fuel at - same lousy mileage.

Tried Cenex premium diesel with minimum 48 cetane rating - Flying J - independent station in the past couple days.

With & without diesel additive.

It is not the wind or the direction I am headed either.

This is annoying ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Jim my mileage drops 10- 15% going west from eastern MT toward about Butte. It's the same for the most part on HWY 2. When headed west you are going up hill and westerly winds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 01:46 am:

Jim,

I think it's all that Big Sky. It just SEEMS to take forever to get across Montana !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration