Mystery knob beside choke on '24 dash

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mystery knob beside choke on '24 dash
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

I will post a picture in a minute

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

Maplight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

Middle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Looks like the base to a hooded dash light. Several of my old tractors have them to light the instruments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Chris, I have the same year car, I also have that on my dash however I think its a bulb socket not a knob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

It is a dash light. Bulb and hood missing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:55 am:

Ever watch this old jack lemon movies like the great race it the Push the button MAX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 02:22 am:

John,Doug,Hal got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Sweet! I'm going to search for the rest of the light assembly!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

so is it suppose to shine on the amp gauge or is it a map light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:58 pm:

either/both, you can turn the cover whatever way you want the light to shine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 01:13 am:

I ordered one from Lang's today.

It will also be handy to see the pedals when driving at night. I dangled a small flashlight from it to navigate the controls tonight. My neighbors are all having great fun riding in my "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang" car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 02:39 am:

I stick one of these up and behind the dash. Its magnetic so it sticks. Its a handy place so you always have a flash light available AND at night you can reach up and click it on leaving it stuck up behind the dash and it provides a nice interior night light for the lower cabin

flash light

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration