Frank is now in stripes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Frank is now in stripes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

Yesterday afternoon Frank was rescued from the pin stripe shop and is now back at home in the garage with Otis. I'm very pleased with the pin stripe work and Frank is now ready for the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

That's a handsome car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Royce - I think it's time for you to tell John Mays about all of that hidden wood in that car that's infested with termites, so that he'll demand a refund and give you the car back! ( ;^).....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

It turned out beautiful. Very nice T.. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Yes! Very!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 08:53 pm:

It would look much better with Indiana plates on it! Nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

WOW! What A Jewel John. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

I miss the old color.

Just kidding. It is Beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

Magnificent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 10:59 pm:

That's how it should look. One swell flivver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

John. I want your pickup truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 11:21 pm:

Wow!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 07:01 am:

Too me the restoration paint looks perfect. I also like the finish on the under side. I have never been a fan of high gloss and fill on the axles....for me this is more authentic....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 08:39 am:

That is maybe the most beautiful Model T I have ever seen. Wish I could see it in person. You have done an amazing job on it. If it were mine I would sure want to drive it, but it might belong in a museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Amazing how just a tiny little bit of paint makes such a strikingly attractive difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 11:06 am:

What an incredibly gorgeous touring John !! I'm curious as to the setting in the above picture which is the same in your Profile picture. What's the story behind that barn find '14 "runabout pickup"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

Are the pin stripes painted on or are they the sick on stripes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

The pin stripes are painted on with Ford French Gray, 3/8 inch wide. Possum Lodge, the setting for this picture, sets in the woods about 50/60 yards behind our house. That's the same location for the pictures I took of Otis, the '14 roadster pickup. My wife's new washing machine sets on the front porch. Hey, nothing is too good for her, and she really likes Model T Fords too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Nothin' wrong with a good old Maytag wringer washing machine! Just don't get caught in the rollers!
Is Otis going away to provide room for Frank??
Not certain I'd go that way, but I know I won't have to make that decision with my budget!
Shore is purtty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Otis and Frank sit side by side in the garage like two brothers. I think Otis will enjoy the company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

John, what is on the running board in front of the acetylene generator? An accessory battery box?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

Oops, I said in a post above that the pin stripe is 3/8" wide but it's 3/16", not 3/8". Also, regarding the box on the driver side running board, that is a small wooden box that I'd been using to store photographs, but since I needed someplace to put my insurance card and other small things I painted it black and mounted it with the 2 bolts that attach that running board to the fender. I found the brass corners at Home Depot. I'm not especially fond of step plates on the running boards and I didn't want to drill holes to mount them so I made some rubber "step plates", and attached a string so I could pull it up into the car after getting in. Didn't want to scratch up the new paint. Since confession is good for the soul, I'll admit that the wooden box I used was at the suggestion of my wife.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Rubber mat on a pull string - that's a new one on me, brilliant! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Slauterbeck on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

Frank looks great John. Those stripes really set him off! Also like the addition to the front porch of the Possum Lodge!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 02:01 am:

And I thought the Possum Lodge was in Canada.....
Do they even have possums up there?
That old boy sure is looking good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 09:09 am:

Duey C.: The Red Green show is one of my favorites and that's where I got the name. I was wondering if anyone else knew where that came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 11:55 am:

That's a mighty fine car there, John. It just needs one more accessory: :-)

red

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato, Burbank CA on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:09 pm:

John, Frank looks amazing and a nice complement to Otis, as they run the full spectrum of "restored" to "wearing my age nicely." I've always been a little bit curious about the Grocery shack in the background. It makes for great pictures. Is it a garden shed or your man cave? In any case, it's a great looking structure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

John,
Egads, I didn't make the connection! Now they'll probably take me out of the lodge and my duct tape!!
Woe is me, maybe the girls will still find me handy, handsome was gone long ago!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

Frank looks all "Spified up" in his Sunday go to meeting finery! great Job !:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

In the picture above Red Green holds the "Handy Man's secret weapon" I always carry 2 or 3 rolls in my truck tool box----and in the Model T as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Should have added in the post above an answer regarding Possum Lodge. The little building is 12 feet by 12 feet and was built in 1934. I found it in the woods about 2 miles down the road, paid $200.00 for it, loaded it on a 16 foot trailer and carefully hauled it home. Absolutely all original. Still has Houston phone numbers from the 1950s written on the wall in pencil. Met a lady the day I loaded the building and she told me that her husband had worked in that building in 1946. It was built by Strake Oil Company for their oil field hands to fill out their paper work. Strake was big in the Conroe area in the 1920s and 1930s. The Grocery and Drug signs came from another old/closed building in the same area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

Since we're talking about Possum Lodge here's a better picture that was taken prior to the washing machine.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration