Conduit on my steering column?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Conduit on my steering column?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

I'm curious what the purpose of this guy was unless turning signals were offered by the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

If you're talking about the small tube on the bottom, it is for the horn button wires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

ConduitOnColumn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

The tube on the bottom of the column is for the horn wire. Some years it's for wires to a combination horn/headlights switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:28 pm:

If you have a hand klaxon like I do, you can use it to run your turn signal wires down the steering column...makes for a cleaner install of turn signals. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Chris, that type of horn wire tube will take both the horn wires and indicator wires. That's a good thing.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 06:56 pm:

The early horn wire conduit is a round tube, with just enough room for one wire! '15 to '17? And there are two screw holes on the top side of the column for the button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 12:55 pm:

That reminds me that my original horn sounds very weak.
After cleaning the contacts I wonder if there is a horn rebuild thread on here somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Try doing a Google search on:

battery horn rebuild MTFCA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration