What is the average size for a Speedster Seat ? Width?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: What is the average size for a Speedster Seat ? Width?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Hi.
My Speedster has 15.5 inch width speedster seats.
It a bit tight.
What is the norm now-adays?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Don't know of an "average size". Guess that all depends on how wide the load sitting in it is. Every speedster I have ever built, the seat skin ID was 17 1/2 - 18. The wood base of a Model A Tudor seat is 18-1/2. My last two speedsters will be more a bench seat base with a slight bucket back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Friday, June 24, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

I have seen very plush seats, I have seen seats with just a covering with no padding. All up to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 12:38 am:

Mine are 18.5" wide and close to that in length

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Esik on Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Thanks Fella's.
When I sit in the seat the left and right side rubs against my hips.
Not only that but my leg length is a total detriment.
How I so wish to drive this vehicle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black SC/FL on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

One of my speedsters has seats from a Model A, the other one has Karman Ghia seats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

It's a speedster, there is no "norm". While there's a guy on eBay who sells speedster seats, which I assume have a "standard" width, most are just made by the builder and are most likely sized to their own "dimensions".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright from Central NC on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

I opted for a bench seat.... 43" wide :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 10:47 am:

You can get seats on ebay from stitchbitch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:54 am:

I made my own. They are 18" X 18". The sides flare to about 22" wide. I'm just now building the pedestals for them to sit on. I mounted the drivers seat on adjustable tracks that I bought from a farm supply store. Considering I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'2" and the plan is for her to drive this car. It is getting either a automatic or a 4 speed (final decision soon)!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

So does the T trans count as an auto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

Lard Ass Supply sells seats for the broad gauge set. Each pair comes with a
"WIDE LOAD" sign for the back of the car ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 02:28 pm:

About 15-1/2" inside the cushions on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

Burger
Looks like built for comfort not for speed applies!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 03:14 pm:

Bench seat, 38".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

There are advantages to building your own. like many folks do. Mine are singles, offset for additional hip and shoulder room. Each is 17.5" wide.

Also have storage built-in below, with hinged doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Walker on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 05:10 pm:

The wooden seats' sides on my speedster are 17-1/2 inches at the top of the seat cushion, about 17 inches at the base, and about 19-1/2 inches at the top. Not even snug for my can ;)

Drove it about 60 miles yesterday, in Ford Hi/Warford Hi/Ruckstell Hi (Direct) up the hills. Epic little journey, including the flat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration