Carbide Generator Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Carbide Generator Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

I cleaned out the rust in my JNO Brown carbide generator and sealed the inside of the two tanks with gas tank sealer. I kept the valve stem in place while I swished the sealant around, and removed it after I'd drained the excess. I must have goofed, however, as the valve doesn't seem to screw down all the way, and the water just runs right out instead of dripping. I'm wondering what the female portion of the valve assembly was made. Is it like in my drawing? "A" is the water tank, "B" the bottom tank.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Take the pin out and clean it. Also take a small paper clip put a very small 90 degree from the bottom go into the tube and feel for 1 or 2 holes and clean them out should be fine after that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 05:43 pm:

Just looked at your profile if you have some small piano wire or guitar string that will really be better, again put a very small 90 or slightly less bend and locate the small holes then with some needle nose feed the wire through to clean it out. Find the other hole and do the same. There are a couple of other ways to complete this. I've sent you a message with my number for you to contact me live if I can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Thanks, John. I wasn't sure there were any horizontal holes. I'm sure I plugged them up. Another question concerns the gasket between the two halves of the generator. I got one from a supplier, but it's much too thick. Would some sort of O-ring work?

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 06:00 pm:

It may appear that it is to thick but remember you have to have it tight for a good seal. You can adjust the tension by adjusting the nuts on the levers. If that doesn't work ...Do you have access to neoprene? Ha

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration