Artist Painting - 1910 Model T At The Rail Station

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Artist Painting - 1910 Model T At The Rail Station
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Very Nice!
Any time showing a 'Wooble T Ford' and a steam locomotive gets my vote! Wish there was more of the locomotive. The attention to detail is quite nice! The type of headlight and also the cylinders and valve chambers correct for the era. Do we think the Ford to be 1910? How about the color of the top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Well shucks!
After I went back to the page.....1910... Hello!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Well shucks again!
I see I need to proof-read, that should be 'Wobble' not 'Wooble' Missed the spell checker on that one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 06:30 am:

5 modes of transportation in one scene. Its beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 07:29 am:

Six really.
There are a few people walking.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

That looks like a photograph to me. Probably a photo which was colored in by an artist. Everything is too perfect for a hand drawn picture.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 01:26 pm:

I saw only five; car, train, horse, bicycle, walking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

Very nice attention to detail. There is a Fox Falls in New York. Is the RI Rhode Island? The plate otherwise looks form overseas.
I can't make out the Artist signature but my guess would be someone familiar with old cars and possibly painted in the 60's or 70's.
The gauntlets on the running board are a nice touch of realism.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 02:03 pm:

Well, the locomotive stack indicates an oil burner, was that common in the RI area?
My Dad called traveling by foot (feet?) traveling by "Shank's Mare."
There are a lot of nice details, although I question the clothing on the guy in the blue shirt giving directions. Oh, and the artist forgot to put the window in the station dormer!
But, I'd hang the thing on my wall if I had it!
Rich E. what's your thoughts on this work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

I like it. I hope the Artist enjoyed painting it. That is where I believe the value is. Each of us can look at it from our own point of view. The fact that Jay shared it here lets it take some of us to a special place. Some may enjoy picking apart details. Some will think it was a waste of time to click on it. Others will call a spouse or someone to "come here and look at this". Some will judge it on whether it sold for a lot or how much it is worth.
As a car buff who paints it is always fun to see how others accomplish portraying a car. I can't tell good art from bad art but if it has an old car in it it is worth looking at. The fact that the horse looks like a horse and the proportions look right on the car, people and everything else shows skill. That pleases me.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

I like it too, and I said, Hey, come lookit this! to my wife! She also likes it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

I'd sure hang that one in my home! And the artist, if he were to see this forum, should be pleased by all of the compliments, including compliments from Richard Eagle, "artist extrordinaire", and Norman Kling who thinks it's "too perfect"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 07:05 pm:

Six. Although unseen, the guy in the cart is pointing out the Curtiss Pusher just behind the bright autumn foliage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

There is a horse drawn wagon and a buggy:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Great picture! Wouldn't mind having a copy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Obviously poorly researched. No man ever stops and asks for directions which is what is clearly going on here. Or maybe the two women in the back finally badgered him into it. They do look a little smug.

The guy driving the cart is pointing one way while the guy on the ground is pointing another. Poor guy will be fussed at no matter which way he goes when he gets back in the car. So maybe it WAS well researched after all. Cool picture. Wish I could step into it for a few hours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

I'm still wondering about the color of the top. Anybody?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Steve, the deal with the two men giving instructions and pointing in different directions is due to the fact that they guy driving the T clearly asked where he can leave his mother in law (back seat). One man is pointing towards to mountains suggesting she be driven way out of town and turned loose. The other is pointing towards the old stage that still runs. It will take the old woman three weeks longer to get back home than the T. Either way, it's a win.

Like Red Green says, "we're all in this together".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Gary - Good points!

Or...speaking of Red Green...he might just be asking where he can get duct tape to shut her up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Nah, the guy in the horse-drawn wagon isn't pointing, he's giving the Hawaiian "Hang Loose" sign! :-) Is the 5th mode the hand truck?
Lots of neat details, like the people visible through the windshield.
Steve, If the women can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:15 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHDD3-dVpM

so much of life is explained here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:27 pm:

Rats, can't watch U-tube on dial-up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:02 am:

I use a Camera Lucida to project and image from far away using a set of various lenses and a prism. All of the great masters used them too. You can look it up on Google.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I kept thinking there was something about the artwork. I've had this copy of this print by Lee Stroncek for about 30 years. It's entitled "Home For Christmas".

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration