II don't know which way is up!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: II don't know which way is up!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

Which way does this cover go? I'm going to install a screen and can't figure out if the cover, when installed, should look like the large or the small photo. I presume the shape has something to do with deflecting the oil to the side or center, depending on which way it goes on.

c

c2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Charles - The long crease/indent points to the inside of the transmission. The side you show in the top (large) photo goes down (inside).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

The crease/indent is to allow oil to drip directly onto the drums in the pedal shaft area; therefore it must be pointing down to do its job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

I had know idea why the crease went down. This is a great place to help figure these cars out..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Thanks all

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration