How many miles a week do you drive your T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: How many miles a week do you drive your T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

lets find out how many miles a week do you drive your T ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Well RJ, how many miles per week do YOU drive your T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:23 pm:

I drive one of my T's most days to get about town as my daily driver. Small town so about 50 miles per week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

It depends which week. Last week I was on tour, so we drove about 500 miles. Other weeks, it's zero.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Lots more now that it's fixed! Lol, I try to drive mine absolutely every time I can that it's not raining. Once I can make the frame and have a top made I'll drive her even in the rain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:34 pm:

I work 75 hours most weeks and about every tenth day I have off. I try to drive my model A coupe at least to the store and back and the model T the same about 12 miles. Some time I go to dad's and back and that's 40 miles round trip. If I ever retire I will drive them daily. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

This was the first week I drove it besides the initial start up. I made several laps around the neighborhood with different groups of friends and neighbors, and went into town and filled it up with gas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 12:38 am:

I'm like Chris. Some weeks 50 miles or more, some weeks zero (but that's pretty rare). With trips to town for shopping and errands I'd guess 25-30 miles most weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 07:13 am:

When the weather is decent, the wife and I typically put about 150 miles a week on the T. Mainly out to yard sales and breakfast on Saturdays. Toss in the occasional 200 mile weekend overnight trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 07:49 am:

Depends on many things. But on average I'd say easily 100-150 a week. Frankly on a nice day it's not hard to put on 60-70 in just one day, rambling around aimlessly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 10:52 am:

I think there's one answer we can all agree on: Not enough.

I would like to drive more often, but it's finding the time to do it. Living in the country I have plenty of back roads to cruise, but it's just finding the time to do it. I'd say I get less than 5 miles of windshield time per week, average. Some weeks more, some weeks zero, so average 5 or less. Sad, I know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:05 pm:

I wonder if any Haggarty, J.C. Taylor, etc, etc, insurance agents might be forum "lurkers",....??? Might be something to think about,....FWIW,....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:24 pm:

Harold,
These are test drives, to make certain the car is ready for a club tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

David,....right with ya' there! There's more than one reason to carry at least some sort of basic tool kit along at all times, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:46 pm:

From Hagerty's web site:

Our policy allows you occasional pleasure use with no fixed mileage restrictions**.
** Occasional pleasure use does not mean use for daily driving to and from work or school, routine shopping, etc.

Sound's like basic common sense. I don't worry about when, where, or how much I drive, because it's a rare trip that doesn't include promoting the hobby to the public in some way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

During the summer I usually find a reason to drive one of the cars (two T's, K and N) to town daily. Yesterday, a trip to the post office with the K. I thought it appropriate to use the K to deliver it's own speedometer to the post office for shipment to Russ Furstnow.

This video was from four pics a neighbor took when we popped in unexpectedly.

Summers are meant for old car drives......

:-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74866ft93ad7y3r/Good%20Old%20Summertime.mov?dl=0

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration