Old Photo - Fairlight Pett Hunts Poultry Farm, Sussex, England

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old Photo - Fairlight Pett Hunts Poultry Farm, Sussex, England
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 27, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Whoops forgot the second photo. I think the delivery body slips on and off the touring body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 10:20 pm:

Really cool picture. I am always amazed by these old pics. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

These convertible bodies were advertised in the UK (in Ford Times for example) from about 1915 all the way to the end of production, so I assume they must have sold.
Makes include Ellison & Smith who made 'Magnet' bodies, Shepherd, who made the 'Dixie' (at least two survive in the UK), Jennings, Chas Baker and Duple. These are all illustrated in Vol 2 of 'The English Model T Ford'.
I can't identify Jay's contribution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

The more I look at those two pictures Jay, it actually looks like the whole back of that touring body, including top and top bows, is removable in order to be replaced by the delivery body! Sure would like to see more detailed photos of THAT arrangement! Very "different" for sure!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration