Holley G parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Holley G parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

Are throttle and choke plates available for Holly G carburetors. Mine is not brass.

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

the carb body is not brass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Tom...I've never seen any. Just the "easy parts" like gaskets needle valves and floats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 05:45 pm:

Believe it or not, the slim pickin's available for Model G today are an improvement over what was available a few years ago. It's not as plentiful as the NH, but there are enough G's around that I would think there's a market for plates and shafts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 11:47 pm:

Well just got my G done and have yet to try it
I had buy 3 carbs and piece one together. I still had to buy a float and ventury. Have resold the other left over parts to another doing the same thing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 08:33 am:

The G is one of the better carburetors. I'll catch heat for that because on the recent articles over the last few years, they scored poor on the dyno test. But I live in the mountains... and they are the only carb that will pull a Model T with 4 people up these hills in high gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 10:11 am:

I think I saw a comment by Stan that it's his favorite stock Ford carburetor. I'd say that's a pretty good recommendation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

No heat from me, I like 'em too. That's what was on my '15 when I drove it to the Centennial and back, 1,800 miles in all. Never missed a lick.

(Message edited by coupelet on June 29, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

So the question remains are there vendors or other sources making choke or throttle plates for the Holley G or will any of the available choke/throttle plates work with for the Holley G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 01:03 am:

Here is how I met with some success in rebuilding the G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/albums/72157644026330126

It isn't right for my 26, but the G sure runs nice. I want an older T just so I can run a G all the time, lol....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 01:12 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/512783.html?1424134710

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:57 am:

What do you need, John? I probably have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:14 am:

As far as I know there are no parts sources for the G other than the floats and the poorly made needle and seat sets that leak unless you work on them first. Gaskets are available -- the last sets I got actually fit the flange on the body and are the correct thickness.

I sure could use about half a dozen good bowls. I buy G's for the needle and the bowls. I recently bought the tap and die set for the seats and when I use up the last few sets I paid $20 each for that need work to work I will go back to reworking an old set instead of wasting time and money on the new ones. Needles aren't that hard to make, neither are the seats, it's just a time thing with me. There is never enough. I wish somebody would tool up to make the correct needles. Also both brass and steel bowls and the correct adjustment rods.

They are my favorite T carb that was supplied by Ford. Probably not quite as fast as some but they sure start and run nice and the large bowl gives more fuel reserve. Plus they just look cool, don't they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:02 am:

Back in the mid 70s when I restored my 14, I went to Hershey and bought a Holly G rebuilt. Beautiful carb. $125.00 or $150.00 no exchange. Still on there. Still works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Question on the strangling tube?
Mine was missing but in a junk one I I stored from seems this tube has no clearance at the bottom
It threads on but seems to be in the way of the air adjust needle?
Also is there supposed be a gasket under the threaded screw opposite gas inket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 04:29 am:

Bob...sometimes extra gaskets end up under the brass orifice assembly at the bottom. Mainly because they're hard to see and a new one gets added without removing the old one. This raises the bottom and could interfere with the strangling tube. Otherwise, that suckered sits right on the bottom and rubs the adjustment needle. The screw head does not have a gasket underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Thanks James after I installed it I notice it sat right over the needle valve but I moved very easily and now clears.
Like I said I took 3 Gs and hoping I made one that work

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration