1924 TT fire truck rear wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1924 TT fire truck rear wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim borden on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 09:25 am:

hi my fire department just took owner ship of there first motorized truck I have some questions on wheels. the fronts are 30x3 1/2 non spit rim don't think that going to be a problem but the rears are 32x4 1/2 split kelseys one had a big ring the other was missing are they avaible ? two the lock in the center of rim do they just join together or is something missing? last the rim clamps some are missing I see they are not reproduced is the a place to get them # on the back 118 or is there an alternative to the wheel situation thanks for any input jimb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

Jim,

There are a couple of links below that discuss the Kelsey rims that you have. I don't believe that there are any reproduction parts available for them. Other options were the Hayes 23" wheels which are also discussed in the threads along with 20" Firestone wheels that were used on the later TT's. These are the more common ones but the outer rims are hard to come by in good condition. New 20" rims can be purchased though but at a fairly high cost. Tires for the 20" wheels are more reasonable also as compared to the 23" tires.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/488550.html?1414760974

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/521305.html?1425528543

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Jim, you may want to contact Layden Butler. He is a really nice guy and may have or know where to find the bits and pieces you need for your 23" rims. personally, I would keep the 23" rims on your old truck as they were unique to the pre 1925 TT chassis's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Suggest you contact Bob's Antique Auto parts in Loves Park, Illinois, or Model T Haven in Iola, Kansas. Both are on the web.

Your best bet might to be to join a Model T Ford club in your area, either an MTFCA or MTFCI chapter in your area. There's a good chance someone in your local area may have what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jim borden on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:53 pm:

thanks for the info

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration