OT what are these coil units?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT what are these coil units?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 10:56 am:

These coils came with some Model T parts I bought and I am sure some one would like them if I could identify them. The small one is about 2x2x4 with switch for batt or mag. The brass tag says NEW ERA master coil New Era spring and specialty co. The large one is for a 2 cyl. engine and the tag says The Auto Coil Co.coil 1coil 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Small one is one of the many brands of aftermarket accessory master vibrators offered to work with multi-cylinder coilboxes, Model T Fords being one application. The Autocoil box was intended for a 2 cylinder engine probably industrial or marine as automotive usually had removable coils.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration