Bent pedals??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Bent pedals??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

I have the metal template that attaches to the floorboards in my 23 but all three pedals rub leaving about 1/4 inch or more clearance on the other side. Anyone have issues like this? The pedals seem pretty beefy and I can't see them being bent. Is the template off then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:18 pm:

The metal template is probably right, but the placement in the floorboards might be a little off - looks like new boards.

Note that the pedals moves sideways as they are pressed down, the clutch pedal moves to the right during the lower half of its movement while both the brake and reverse moves to the left.

You may have to adjust the boards. If you can't find any position of the slots where all pedals works, then maybe one or more of the pedals are bent sideways?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Every Model T that I have owned needed the pedals bent to fit right. Get a couple of huge Crescent wrenches and it will be done in a few minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

I used heat the pedals to bend them back to correct but the book says to do it I cold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration