Headlight adjustment / alignment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Headlight adjustment / alignment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:28 pm:

My left headlight is slightly bent inward toward the radiator. Any suggestions for bending the headlight mounting bracket on a 1924 touring without marring the finish while on the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

You could first loosen the castle nut holding the headlamp stalk to the fender bracket. That can allow a bit of adj. by twisting the headlamp bucket.

If the stalk is bent, the only way is Crescent wrench or monkey wrench on the stalk to bend the headlamp bucket up, back, or sideways. Original bending tools were fork like bars. Paint will get scratched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

Yes, I have heard of that bender-bar method; I was looking for something less "caveman"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

It's a Ford after all, mallets and bailing wire allowed :-)

Now, if you 'upgrade' to the Improved Car, then adjusting the headlamp buckets is easy :-)

Lamp spins on bracket, swivels on a large slightly cupped washer, like a universal, held with carriage bolt, easy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration