OT Take every chance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT Take every chance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:22 am:

This evening I've been debating with myself whether I should post this here. I'll go ahead, hoping that the reminder may help somebody.

At 6:51 this morning I got a phone call from my cousin Ernie Parker telling me that my cousin Cara had been murdered by her soon-to-be ex husband, who then killed himself. I spent the day working on the old Suburban, trying to remove the gas tank to install a new filler hose, and all day my mind was on Cara, who was beautiful and kind, and radiated intelligence. I've been thinking about going to the Iola swap meet in Wisconsin this year, but I'm not thinking about it any more. I'm going, and I'll visit my Wisconsin cousins. We need to spend time with family while we still can. At the end nobody looks back and says,"I should have spent more time at work and less with family."

2016 ..........................................................................................................................................1966

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:33 am:

-Steve-
My condolences to you and your family. Sad and unfortunate.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:41 am:

Steve,

It is hard enough to accept the natural passing of our family members, and so much less when they are taken from us early. I am so sorry to here of your loss. I hope that posting this will help you and yours to find some way to deal with this. Words always fail me at times like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:56 am:

So very sad. So shocking. I am glad that you posted this, because I know that a lot of us care about other regulars here like close friends and even family. We care what is happening in your life.
Sometimes, there is no reason. No understanding. How can these things happen? But they do. My sincere condolences my friend. Be strong. See and enjoy good family and friends. That is the best thing that you can do for Cara now.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Steve,

Oh how very sad to hear this.
What a tragic loss.
I think Iola is a special place.
I am glad you are making the trip.

Safe travels

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 01:26 am:

Steve, my condolences. We have been friends on Facebook for some time and saw the post there and debated posting something on FB. After seeing this post here I decided here it would be better as you have opened up here and not yet made muck of a post their. Having seen this happen in Colorado I am guessing at some point in the near future you'll take a trip to Denver, when you do please stop thru. That is if I'm not already there as I have two trips planed in the next 6 weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:13 am:

Steve" It is so sad that this kind of thing can happen.
Our condolences and wish you our deepest sympathy.
You did not mention who the little girl is.
May God bless the remaining family!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 05:11 am:

Steve, this was the reason we took our road trip vacation last month. We have lost so many friends and family that it became important as you mentioned. My 50 year old niece passed while we were on the trip. It waasn't the right time, but I said, if not now, when?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 05:50 am:

Steve, condolences from my family to yours. How true your last sentence is! You and your family are in our thoughts. Tex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary M. Wheeler on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 06:21 am:

This forum truly is a "family". We get to know each other's strengths, weaknesses and certainly push some buttons once in a while. My heart is heavy learning of this tragic news, and from my family to yours, our deepest condolences. I hope your burden eases with every passing day.
God Bless you and your family Steve, from your virtual "T" family.

The Wheeler Family
Wall, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 06:44 am:

Steve; Prayers for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 07:49 am:

Bill,both pictures are of Cara, fifty years apart.

The real victim in this is Cara's stepson. She was his mom from the time he was three. Now a college student, he's been staying with friends out west, hiding from his crazy abusive father. It's a good thing he was, or we probably would have lost him too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:01 am:

Steve...my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. I can only hope Cara's stepson can push through this okay. God Bless. Things are just plain crazy anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:26 am:

Our condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:51 am:

So sad to hear. She was a beautiful lady.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:13 am:

So sorry to hear that Steve, condolences. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Steve; My deepest condolences my prayers go out to you and your family.

Norman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Steve, Like everybody else here, I'm shocked and saddened by the tragedy in your family. From my family to yours, our deepest sympathies. Our thoughts are with you.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Maddening that so many people have such a lack of Duty and Honor. This is not
an uncommon occurrence.

I am sickened for the people close to this. Your comment about this guy being
abusive suggests he had an established history of dishonorable behavior. Most who
do this stuff have no sense of embarrassment and shame for it.

I am sorry for all your family members who now get to travel this road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Steve,

You and Cara’s extended family are in our thoughts and prayers. Verses 1 & 2 of Ps 61 often help me during dark times. Perhaps they will be of some comfort to you also. PS 61:1&2 “Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

And thank you also for the reminder that we need to be intentional about spending time with family and those we care about.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:51 am:

I am very sorry to read about this tragic event.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Like all of the others ,I'm truly saddened by your families tragedy ...Thoughts and prayers from our house to yours...The Sorenson's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Thank you Steve, and I thought the second p[hoto might be her. Again our condolences and to the step son in hiding. He is now safe but with a huge loss, both with step Mom and his Dad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:43 am:

Just horrible, Steve. Our prayers are with you and Cara's other family members, especially the stepson. So sad. Karen and Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Truly a terrible thing. My condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:22 pm:

Steve;
I am very sorry for you and your family's loss.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

Steve,
I hesitated to open this thread, suspecting it might be a fellow hobbyist with a debilitating or life threatening issue. As it turns out, it's worse than I might have suspected. I'm so sorry for Cara, her friends, family and loved ones. As mentioned, we are friends, and it's only appropriate we share each other's joys, and sorrows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Steve, How very sad. My condolences to you and yours. Jim in Colorado

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

Steve, Im so sorry to hear this. Family is everything, Never forget, When you mourn we all mourn with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 04:08 pm:

Oh Steve... I'm so sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Steve, our condolences too. We were just celebrating your birthday, and now this.
This morning I received an email that one of our pastor's 21-year-old daughter tried to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge into the feather river--missed all the rocks and mostly just got wet. Was taken to an observation facility and she tried hanging herself. Sometimes there is just no understanding the human mind.
Linda & David Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Very sorry to see this.

A soon to be ex. This stuff happens FAR too often.
What a beautiful lady.
Life is always too short.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

I'm not very good at expressing myself in these situations. Please bear with me.

You've been such a wonderful contributor to this forum and have the ability to reach our hearts with your honesty, integrity and knowledge.

Though we've never met, I feel you are a great friend, and it saddens me to think you're suddenly a part of such a tragedy.

Be strong my friend. She rests in the Lords loving arms. God bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

My condolences to you and your family. The toughest part is you always ask "why"...and never get any good answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Steve, My thoughts are with you. This is very sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:57 pm:

Michael Garrison could not have said it any better! So, so sorry Steve,....what a smile,.....a beautiful child that became a lovely lady. The only thing I would add to what Michael said is that He certainly does work in mysterious ways. I guess we'll never know "why" in our lifetime. Kathys' and my condolences to you and the family,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Michael Garrison could not have said it any better! So, so sorry Steve,....what a smile,.....a beautiful child that became a lovely lady. The only thing I would add to what Michael said is that He certainly does work in mysterious ways. I guess we'll never know "why" in our lifetime. Kathys' and my condolences to you and the family,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Very sad Steve. My condolences are offered but probably will not affect the pain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:06 pm:

Oh NO, Steve! I am ever so sorry to read this. Losing a family member always cuts off a bit of us, but to have one hacked away in such an evil manner is a most painful amputation.

I pray that you and all of your family find the strength and grace to endure and moreover to grow in ways which will honor Cara's memory.

Your observation that we should (must) make time for family (and friends, too) is clearly received. It is far too easy to go from day to day with our head down and our shoulder to the wheel and not make the time to reach out. We should not have to lose a family member or close friend, or in some cases to receive a medical diagnosis, to get the message that it is the people that mean the utmost and all of the stuff is just stuff.

Be strong, Steve. Hang in there my friend. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:16 pm:

Steve I am sorry too hear about this.
I am sure she was a person to be proud to have as a relative.
I agree with the others that Michael Garrison said what we are feeling.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:54 pm:

So very sorry Steve. To lose a member of ones family in this fashion is horrible. Do what you have to do to be with your family in this most trying time.

I hope you find some added comfort in the fact that you have a forum family here as well.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Steve, So sorry!! Hang in there.

Where in Wisconsin do your relatives live. I spent my first 20 years in the Wausau area. Because my wife fell and broke her arm we had to cancel our July 6th trip to see my brother in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, which is not far from Iola, and to attend my 65th HS class reunion in Wausau.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:19 am:

Hal, when I go to Iola next week I'll be staying with relatives in Stevens Point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:28 am:

Steve,
My sincerest condolences.
You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:44 am:

Steve,
I'm so very sorry for your loss and pain others that loved her are feeling at this time. I will also pray for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 03:27 pm:

How tragic....... :-(
My sympathy to the entire family.

Speaking of Car Show my old friend, Chet Krause, was buried yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Steve-
I am sorry for you family's loss.

Sometimes there just are no words...

: ^ (

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 06:27 am:

Sorry to hear about this, Steve. It happens too often. Thankfully, it has never happened to our family, but has happened twice to friends. May the Lord ease your family's suffering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 06:56 am:

My condolences, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Steve, Small world. Maybe my brother knows them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:13 pm:

Terrible. Our prayers go out to you and your family. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:05 am:

Steve, Our sincere sympathy to you and Caras entire family. It's hard for me to express my feelings for something so terrible as this. She is in my prayers.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration