OT - Car identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT - Car identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Peterson on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:51 am:

Hello, forum members. I'm hoping someone can assist. My dad's a MTFCA member, but wasn't able to help, so he suggested I ask this forum. I'm trying to figure out what the make/model of the car in this image is. Thanks in advance

\image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Peterson on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:00 am:

I would guess a 1928 Chevy. Any confirmation on this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:28 am:

Richard,
I don’t think it is a Chevy as most of those had some form of a “bow tie” on the radiator emblem. Below is one example for the late 1920’s courtesy of e-bay.

Duane,
I’m sure someone will be able to ID the photo just as it is. But if they are not able to do that, if you scan the radiator emblem area it probably has the letters of the company or the emblem of the company that made the car. Your posting has an 80 kb file size. You can post at least 195 (maybe more – I haven’t kept up with what the max size you can post. ) But if you scan or crop the original high resolution image to show that emblem it often times will answer the question of what type of car.
For an example of how the same photo scanned at low resolution or high resolution see the posting: By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 01:39 pm: at http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/515215.html?1422897086
“IF” the photo is from a published book etc. the higher resolution scan will not help as much. But if it is from an actual photo it usually helps a lot.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Richard is right, 1928 Chevrolet. If you look up images on a google search the front bumper, the cowl lights and the roof line and visor point to 1928 Chevrolet. The 1928 Chev also had a large radiator badge set into a depression in the front of the shell.

Just my observations,

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Peterson on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:51 am:

The image posted is all I have. I don't have the original to re-scan at a higher resolution. I'd say that the 1928 Chevy estimate looks closer than about anything else I've been able to find. The scanned image makes that badge look more like an uneven hexagon than an oval - but as previously stated, it's not a very good image.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:12 am:

It was a different than configuration for their usual radiator logo. That was the only year as I recall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Paul on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:12 am:

Here's a pic of a 1928 Chevy national Series AB1928 Chevy national

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Peterson on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:25 am:

I'd have to say that's a match! Thanks a lot!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration