My new tail light works!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: My new tail light works!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:32 am:

Thank God for the little things that can brighten my days.

Yesterday my business bank account got hacked for thousands of dollars, a corporate account played games delaying payments to us, and my wife backed into one of my business vehicles and activating our personal insurance to repair both. (Sigh)

But this morning my new tail light works and all is right with the world again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:34 am:

Tailight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Looks good! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Looks great hope all else gets straighten out! Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:58 am:

In a more positive light. Now you have an excuse to drive your model T to work while you're modern car is being repaired. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

Chris: Like the saying goes "If it weren't for bad luck you would not have any luck at all!
Some months ago a girl backed into my PU and broke the left tail light. We exchanged info's and when I called her telephone was not a working phone, so I sent a short note to the sheriff's office in her town and a few days later I got a call from her. She had agreed to pay a certain amount, parts was the main thing. She drove down about 120 miles and pain me in cash plus $5 dollars, so I was lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

It's always a blessing to find someone who can appreciate the little things that go right, I like to think of Murphy rolling in his grave when that happens :-) BTW tail light looks good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Chris...as a suggestion re-fit that light with a double post socket so then you can also use that as a brake light. Just add Fun Project brake light switch some wiring and you're good to go. My light is exactly like yours & that's what I did and am soooo glad I did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

To to what Tim just said,.....if I may,....I'm not sure that a brake light, or stop light, whatever you want to call it, isn't just as important as a tail light! Actually, during daylight hours, no question that the brake light is actually MORE important!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

That taillight can be converted to a stop light too if you know how to do it, and it doesn't change a thing, except you now have two wires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:51 pm:

Made me go out and check mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:24 pm:

Anybody have a link to a good brake pedal switch I can attach?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

http://www.funprojects.com/products/bls-1.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

http://www.funprojects.com/search.aspx?querystr=brake switch&querytype=

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 09:42 pm:

Funny...I just put two stop lights on my T earlier this week. They look great and were a snap to install. I ordered the switch from Langs (3158FM). It's out of the way and connects to the frame. Pretty sturdy and easy to install. I feel MUCH safer driving now. I put the lights where you have yours but one on each side. Had to drill a hole for the right one but not big deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

I agree with Allen, the more lights in the back the better off you probably are. Another thing would be blinkers, which i personally find hideous when attached to a Model T, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet for safety's sake, especially when no one understands what hand signals actually mean, and usually just wave at you when you attempt to use them. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnRSdq7wUNI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Chris, as others have mentioned, the Funprojects stoplight switch is a good choice. It is well made, tough and works great. I have it on my T and couldn't be more pleased.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:48 am:

Thank you

I had never heard of FunProjects.com before. I'm on it now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 07:50 am:

Chris, just remembered another thing I did when I re-worked my single tail light to do double duty, I inserted a piece of aluminum foil, shiny side facing out of course, behind the bulb. Does that ever make a HUGE difference in the intensity of the light shining out! Many people have asked me how it can be so bright for only 6 volts. Just a thought.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration