Chevy Head ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Chevy Head ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:31 pm:

I was Able to purchase a very large block of Model T parts and still haven't opened all the boxes. I came across this Chevy head and need help Identifying it. What year is it and did it have any applications to Model T's .?

George Chevy head

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Chevy yes,I put it about 1928. With an adapter plate you got your self a poor mans Fronty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Pitts on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

Single exhaust port makes it 1927 and earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 08:45 pm:

Here is the Jern Thunderbolt

thunderbolt

more

plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:51 pm:

Yep, single exhaust says before '28
Yep, with an adapter plate like Jern's, on a T block....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:36 am:

Yes four intakes and two exhausts and it's a cross flow head ;~)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:16 am:

"27 or earlier Chevy. Still can get a few bucks for it but not worth IMO what a '28 is worth as that has two exhaust ports. Nice part is you have the rockers for it, to me that is the better part of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Just a side note. The 27 and earlier rocker arms are not the same as the 28. The 28 had larger valves and were closer to the center line of the cylinder. The 27 back had about the same size valves as a T and were closer to the push rod side of the head. They both had the same diameter of the shaft. Check the rocker arms for fit. If they over shoot the valve guide holes they are the later 28. If everything lines up, winner! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration