O T Vintage gas air controll, any idea what this is for

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: O T Vintage gas air controll, any idea what this is for
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

I just got this neat old accessory.
Does anyone have any idea what this came off of, there is a place for a cable and # 1-6 for gas air mixture, would be nice to see if anyone knows what this was used on, has round clamp bracket.
older casting, nickel plated, thank you for any help, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

I'll buy it Bob. Tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Thanks Bob !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Sold to Tim, thank you forum, did not even have it up for sale, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

I'd guess it is from a medical or dental apparatus, but that is a pure guess. Cool whatever it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

Laughing gas control for a dentist??
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

OK Tim, you bought it, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:45 pm:

Schebler carburetor steering column mounted mixture control.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ALAN FAIRCLOUGH from Houston, TEXAS on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 03:52 pm:

Flatulation control device.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

It may also fit a Speed-idler accessory air intake setup that screwed into the intake manifold. What say you Jay, our consummate Accessory Yoda ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:10 am:

It's what Layden said.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Ed,
Are you thinking of this:

a

b

c

Different than the Stromberg or Schebler units. The Master carburetor control is different yet and there are more brands out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:31 pm:

Am I missing out on some power secret? I haven't found the need to adjust my carb mixture while I'm driving.

I richen the mixture slightly for starting, then lean the mixture back out to the "best" running position the first minute or so as the engine is warming up in the garage.

I'm currently running a Kingston L4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:27 pm:

Layden, indeed, your picture shows what I was thinking about. I have a couple of the intake units, but not the proper throttle control. Thanks for posting it for all to enjoy. - Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:48 pm:

Mark your secret is using the L4! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 09:30 am:

Isn't JC Whitney out of Chicago? That explains everything.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration