Don Houseman Truck&Trailer Stolen in ABQ

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Don Houseman Truck&Trailer Stolen in ABQ
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:50 am:

Friends please be on the lookout for a maroon 04 F250 with California plates with a white enclosed trailer with "palm beach garage , Watsonville, CA" written on it.
In the Trailer was a olive green speedster.
Please contact the Albuquerque police if you have information.
Thanks
More details to follow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Good God..not another one stolen! I'm so sorry to hear of this Kirk. This is getting ridiculous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

Hi Tim
Guess I will do more in protecting my T and trailer. My T is locked up in a garage, but I have 2 trailers outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

$5,000 REWARD FOR THE RECOVERY OF STOLEN FORD F-250 PICKUP TRUCK AND ENCLOSED WHITE TRAILER

Stolen 2004 Ford F-250 Super Duty crewcab, diesel, maroon pickup and white enclosed Haulmark 20-ft enclosed trailer. Trailer says "Palm Beach Garage, Watsonville, CA" logo on the back door and sides of the trailer.

Truck and trailer were stolen late Thursday (June 30th) or early morning (July 1) from the Elegante Hotel in Albuquerque.

Ford Truck license plate no. 7U43022 (California).

Speedster license plate number: 5FTA198 (California).

Inside the trailer: 1926 Model T Ford speedster - parrot green

Owner: Don Houseman: (831) 345-1190
Attachments area

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

Picture of Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

I am very sorry for your loss. I live here in the Albuquerque $hit hole, so I will keep an eye out for it. I have also sent the link to all of my other car guys so they can keep an eye out. Several years back my Jeep was stolen from my apartment and used to rob a bingo hall down the street. I did eventually get it back although damaged after they ditched it on west side of town. I would highly encourage everyone that is in town to be vigilant and on their toes while they are here! I would not park my car without a kill switch or some other means of disabling it. I have travelled all over the country and ABQ is by far the most ghetto place I have ever been---we are overflowing with illegals from that wonderful land south of the border! Every year during Balloon Fiesta there are a few trucks that get stolen with hot air balloons in the back, same also goes for most any other event here. If is not welded down or has an armed guard watching it, there is a good chance something will end up walking off, or be vandalized.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Justin,

It happens EVERYWHERE ....

Don't make your tow rig an opportunity ...

I travel the lower 48 states year round towing a big @ss enclosed trailer.

Park in a well lit area.

Back your truck & trailer up to an obstruction (wall - light pole - other vehicle) so the back cannot be unloaded.

Park where you can see your rig if possible.

Disable your tow vehicle so it cannot be started.

Block the front of your vehicle from moving forward with another vehicle.

Unless you are SPECIFICALLY TARGETED because someone is following you & knows what you are hauling ...

Most truck and/or trailer thefts are allowed by OPPORTUNITY.

SEND potential thieves to the next guy ...

Sad but true folks ...

If you make your tow rig difficult to steal - a thief will go to an easier target.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Klein on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

This is my parents truck and trailer, here is a picture of the truck, I am trying to find a picture of the trailer and I will upload it as well if I find one.2004 F-250

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By justin cox on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 04:58 pm:

As Jim said "it happens everywhere"----True, but ABQ seems to be over the top in crime of all kinds when compared with most other places. I think last year we were rated #2 in violet crimes...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

GPS tracking. Get one today. Enough is enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Truck only has been found locally and two arrested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

This just in...

2 people arrested, truck recovered. Still no trailer or "T"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

They should be given 10 seconds to reveal the location of the T and trailer or experience the impact of a 9mm hollow point.

It is time to stop coddling people that do things like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

I say start cutting their sticky fingers off, one at a time, they'll talk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

I see no difference between a horse thief and a car/truck thief. They should all be treated the same way, HUNG. Said so one time in court as jury member and was thrown out of the jury by the judge. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 09:45 pm:

Hate to here about the truck trailer and cargo being stolen. It's much worse here than it use to be just 10 years ago. The GPS tracker is a good idea. I also someone else said it too but back up to something solid. At least that protects the car in the trailer. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:21 pm:

Glad the truck was found. Hopefully the two folks that were arrested will lead to the trailer with the T. Bummer of a way to start the holidays.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 10:03 am:

You could also pull the fuze that cuts fuel to the truck, and as long as trailer is hooked up trailer will be fine. They also make the titanium security locks that are next to impossible to break into for the trailer. If you are unhooked buy a lock for your trailer hitch the best one I have seen thus far is a Master Lock. Sorry to hear about this, I hope you get these suspects and your beautiful car back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 07:09 pm:

I hope the SOB talks, and that the car was untouched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Klein on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Here is a photo of the decals on the trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Suttle on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:33 am:

Of course in the United States with a 240 year tradition of the rule of law, we don't shoot suspects with a 9 mm or cut off their fingers to force them to confess.
Perhaps you have confused us with Nazi Germany.
Have a safe time celebrating our traditions and liberties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:20 pm:

It has never been proven the a criminal who was shot ever did the crime again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Suttle on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

Assuming, of course, that the "criminal" has enjoyed a fair, speedy and public trial, been convicted with admissible evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, has been presumed innocent until proven guilty, and had the right to the compulsory attendance of witnesses on his behalf as well as competent counsel.
The same rights you have.
Otherwise, it's just a lynching or a trial in North Korea.
Again, have a safe time celebrating these cherished rights for which over 1,000,000 Americans have died.
You also might want to read the Constitution this weekend, just for grins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 05:04 pm:

Let us cut down on the hatred ....

There is enough of that in world just outside our door.

Talk of torturing or killing someone for stealing has no place
here on the forum.

If you feel that way - keep it to yourself.

We do not do that here in this country.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Oh my god. Maybe we should apologize to these thieves for making our stuff available to them. Would that suit your holier than thou self? They are scum and low lifes and deserve whatever they get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

By the way, my name is Dennis Plank and I live in Three Way, Tennessee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 05:58 pm:

The Trailer and Speedster are still missing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 06:32 pm:

I have been lucky, since 1962 I have had one stero and one battery stolen. Just lucky. One break in but caught him with nothing.

Now my gripe is the penalty, 99 years + 40 for each offense. How can any judge or jury give a sentence like that? Why not this, all the fingers on one hand= better yet " you will spend the rest of you natural life, however many years that should be, at hard labor or till you draw your last breath. No help from the out sidle, breathing tubes, or oxy bottles.
It just makes me furious to hear of these different sentences and then the Civil Liberties bunch come in and says that is cruel and inhumane treatment, Bul*shiT. They did it no pay for you things you did. Oh and then they often add a big fine, $100,000.00 more or less and that is on top of the sentence.

O.H. So I am bitter- If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.
Then is you get caught and shot to bad, you probably deserved everything you go caught at.
When I worked for my ex-boss back in the middle 50's I was afraid to take two sheet of paper home as I thought he might have felt I was stealing.
Jmho on th sbject

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 06:55 pm:

Oh yes! Dennis is right!
We are way out of line here.

It is OK to take things that don't belong to you.
In fact why don't you leave the keys in your car or truck so needy people can take them anytime they want.

After all they deserve to have everything you worked for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

I agree. Maybe if the thieves are treated with kindness they will tell you where the trailer and car is. Maybe we could go as far as tickling them with a feather, or maybe shower them with praise, or bring them into your home for a hot meal. But whatever you do, please don't hurt them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 07:50 pm:

Dennis Plank is spot on. Criminals these days know that even if they get caught they will probably be out on probation or a short sentence. If some of them started ending up dead in the truck of a car somewhere it might deter others. Some people would rather take them in & sing kumbaya with them.
Oh Yes I am Bill Squires from Bill's Auto Works
Wakeman Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

We have a young man in Ontario who was charged with second degree murder for confronting a punk trying to steal his truck in the middle of the night right out of his driveway. The homeowner ended up shooting and killing the would be thief. The debates are rampant on whether it was justified or not - people are even throwing the race card into the debate- but I can tell you for a fact - if someone is on my property at 3 am trying to steal something that my family and I have worked hard for, I will confront them and I will NOT be empty handed.

Don - I sincerely hope that beautiful speedster is found

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

It is interesting to note that on the Eve Of Independence:

A retired New Mexico Attorney General Prosecutor who served in Albuquerque from 1991 to 2010 made comments on this thread that have been largely ignored.

For those who don't get the connection .....

New Mexico is the state where the truck - trailer - Model T were stolen.

In most jurisdictions - if a person chooses to exact retribution or revenge for THEFT OF PROPERTY by means
of torture or injury or death - then that person would be subject to criminal prosecution.

Theft of property does not give justification to torture - injury - death.

As this is a public forum and once a registered member of that forum posts - it is on the old interweb basically for Eternity.

So - if you post your intent to commit bodily injury beforehand on a public forum - if at a later date you find yourself
in a situation where you may wish to act on your stated emotions - there is a public record of it.

As has been stated before - we live in a country of laws and we agree as a society to abide by them.

If we choose to operate outside the law - we then become lawless.

Through time we have a rich history of groups of individuals who did not agree with our country's laws regarding the treatment and rights of fellow Americans.

One of the more popular groups based in the South dressed in sheets - burned crosses - hanged people.

So - if certain members wish to pursue the advocation of lawless behavior I suggest you contact each other outside this public forum for the exchange of your ideas.

I am sick & tired of the hatred displayed on certain threads.

It needs to STOP !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

Maybe those who wish to live under Sharia law would be happier in Sudan or some similar bastion of justice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Its also interesting to note that in our fight for independence when England was trampling all over our god given rights, they themselves became the lawless ones as you describe in your diatribe. And after several strongly worded letters to the crown about the grievances they had inflicted on the colonies, they decided to completely ignore them, to their peril. That is the story everyone should remember this holiday weekend, not some rubbish about holding your tongue because you might offend someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:03 pm:

I have not read any hatred. i always enjoy being reminded of how I should behave according to the law. It just makes me wonder how many folks really do that in their everyday lives in every instance. You who are so quick to preach, please think about that for a minute.

Feel free to contact me if you like. My email address is in my profile. I have nothing to hide. You can google my name but you won't learn much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Did some looking on Google for GPS units to mount in my trailer. There are a lot of them out there. Some get down to $17.00 a month. It appears that some cell phone companies like Verizon also have them available. Had to leave my new trailer unattended at the motel at Home Coming at Richman. Was concerned, but fortunately nothing happened to it. If I find a decent deal, I will probably invest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

All- the purpose of this thread being started was to help Don get the car back in his possession- not to start a discussion on what should be done to the perps. It is easy to get this off track, but please lets stop it right here. Thanks,Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Caledon Ontario Canada on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 05:55 am:

Harry - this is the gps unit I use on my trailer:
http://www.calamp.com/products/tracking-and-telemetry-devices/asset-and-cargo-tr acking/ttu-1200-series

Works well, and can last 6 months without being re-charged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 06:21 am:

Geez - I think I'll "back" out of this thread.
Don I sure hope your trailer and Speedster is found. I passed the info along to my Pop and others who drive NM and surrounding area. Glad you got the truck back. I have GPS location for my car maybe I'll look into one for the T too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:10 am:

Freighter Jim Jarzabek, I like the way you stand up in writing about how important the law of the land is and always trying to do the right thing. The world is overloaded with thieves, liars and deadbeat fathers. I have to assume you are a true man of integrity. The problem is we hardly even know our next door neighbor. I recently started to google the names of my neighbors and people I thought to do business with, then decided to increase my security around my home. Some of it makes interesting reading. I almost feel sorry for some of recipients of the comments. Keep up the good work Jim. You always put a smile on my face. Bob Benedict

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:53 am:

The trailer is most likely a meth lab now and the car dumped. Dopers are not human and deserve what ever punishment they get and yes, they will kill you with any means available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 10:00 am:

The truly compelling thing about the series "Breaking Bad", now available on Netflix, is how far into the series I was pulling for Walter White (in retrospect, way too long). If you haven't seen it, it's about a high school chemistry teacher who is dying of cancer and wants to do something to provide for his young family. Thinking he would be dead soon, he puts himself into a position where he is constantly having to make a decision between the better of two bad choices. I'm still a little disturbed by it.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on July 04, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

Jim you are correct about the law of the land.
It is the foundation of our country based on the constitution and bill of rights.

But let me pose this to you.
What would you do if some guy raped you're granddaughter and only got 6 Months in jail because of his families connections?
What would you do if your daughter was murdered by an illegal alien that had snuck back into the US 3 times?
What would you do if your wife was killed in an automobile accident by an unlicensed illegal that was being protected in a sancuraty city?
What would you do if someone stole your truck and trailer with a customers car inside, destroyed it and then got off because they knew someone important?
What would you do if someone entered your home with the intent of hurting you?

What happens when the government stops protecting us?
What happens when the government allows people to steal from those that work?
What happens when law abiding people close their eyes to the truth of what is going on?

The leanly of today's American justice system and people that defend it is part of the downfall of our society.

I strongly suggest that people read a book titled, The tragedy of American Compassion,
It will give you an understanding of why we are where we are where severe today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:09 pm:

PS. I have a great deal of respect for our LEOS.
We need to let them do their jobs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:56 pm:

Fred, you forgot to mention the deadbeat fathers that leave their children behind and pay no child support. I think they also fall into your list of scumbags. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:31 pm:

Aw crap I knew I left something out !
Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

Rats, I keep hoping seeing this thread at the top means someone found the car (trailer isn't as important as the car. Since the trailer was well-marked, and with a bunch of other Ts (AFAIK), perhaps the perps were actually after the speedster??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 12:11 am:

I know what you mean David! Every time I see that this thread has been updated, I click on it, hoping that I read that the speedster has been found! Dang! Sure wish that would happen!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 01:15 am:

Painting your initials or some other identification on the trailer roof may help in locating a stolen trailer. This can be seen from the air/freeway over passes and most theives would not climb on the roof looking for tell tail markings. Things painted on the sides can be easily painted over with spray cans. There are a lot of enclosed trailers going down the road with no markings which makes it more difficult in locating a stolen trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andria Myers----------Long Beach, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 05:58 am:

When I get my enclosed trailer I will be painting it -
"Down Under Sewer and Septic Tank Clean Out and Repair
Mobile Response Unit"

Maybe that will discourage thieves - Nothing good or of value in there :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

"Maybe those who wish to live under Sharia law would be happier in Sudan or some similar bastion of justice."

Steve, actually Sudan is a nice place in many ways believe it or not. No hassles, people are very friendly, and it's very safe. If you change $ on the black market, really cheap. Officials are nice too, at the border with Ethiopia they let me park my T inside a military compound plus they bent immigration rules for me. I'd have no problem living there for a while, plus they love Ts and monograde SAE 40 and 50 weight engine oil is sold everywhere (this is not the place for 5W-30). Not too much to do or see there though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

I agree David. I hope to see that the car and trailer have been recovered, but just get more drivel.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

I think a new thread should be started for following the theft and hopeful recovery. Leave this one for the drift that has taken it over.
Unfortunately, I do have to agree with many of the drift posts, and do believe that threads need to be allowed for the purpose of ranting against the demise of the society that our beloved model T's future survival WILL depend on. I certainly can rant along with the best/worst of them! Almost nobody has more solid reason for ranting than I do.
Truly a conundrum. Things being said here, on both sides, NEED to be said, and by both sides. However, I would have liked for this thread to have remained true to its original purpose.

Guess I will take a quick look to make sure that someone has not beaten me to it. Then, if not, start a new thread titled for this particular theft.

Do drive carefully, and do enjoy!
Keep it civil, and stay friends always, W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration