Seal number for cam at the timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Seal number for cam at the timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:03 pm:

looking for the seal number for the cam shaft at the timer the number for the modern seal for the 13 i am working on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:07 pm:

T-3177-M
Bob
we have them in stock

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

need modern number i can get it local

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

From an older post

Crank seal is CR11740, Cam seal is Cr9874, or Victor 49295, or NAPA 9878

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/31334.html?1201913477

Made a correction to the NAPA #

NAPA's number 9876 was a completely different seal with 2 inch OD. Did some searching and came up with 9878 which has the right dimensions. Box has SKF brand on it.

(Message edited by adminchris on July 01, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

A trick to find info like this, this is what I typed into Google.

Seal number for cam at the timer site:www.mtfca.com

Just substitute what you are looking for.

Your friendly webmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

thanks for the info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

9878 oil seal. Any bearing supply house will have them or a cross reference to their brand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Mike-
The earlier cars have a groove that does not allow a modern seal unless some modification is done to the timing gear cover.

Looky here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/414507.html

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 08:09 am:

Keith. You are absolutely correct, but he asked for the modern seal part number. Now I just assumed that the OP would know what to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Mike-
I knew that you knew the difference, I wanted to make sure that the other Mike knew the difference, so he could plan accordingly.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike mclean pefferlaw ontario canada on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 05:20 pm:

the engine has a newer timing cover so it has the room for the seal just going for a spin thanks again

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration