A victim of a car wreck in 1906

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: A victim of a car wreck in 1906
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

http://www.funlake.com/exploring-ha-ha-tonka-state-park?utm_source=madden&utm_me dium=content&utm_content=5statepark&utm_campaign=DMMOLOTO

I wonder if we could find out what kind of car it was?
It was probably a big car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Herb, that link doesn't work for me. Looks like you pasted in the wrong one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Mike, I first thought the same, if you read the story, the owner of the castle died in a car crash in 1906

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:11 pm:

Herb: It does not work for me either

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

Read the story!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Saggese on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Ah sorry. I was expecting a photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:21 pm:

Yep, You and I and other folks I'm sure! As I always say "You'll have that!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

Is this related ?
R.M. SNYDER KILLED.; Kansas City Banker's Auto Also Kills a Messenger Boy.
PERMISSIONS
Special to The New York Times. ();
October 28, 1906,
, Section SECOND NEWS SECTION, Page 13, Column , words
[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

KANSAS CITY, Mo., Oct. 27. -- Robert M. Snyder, the banker and promoter, met death in his automobile her6 at 6:30 o'clock to-night, while racing with another automobile. His chauffeur, Frank M. Schroeder, attempted to steer clear of Arthur Odell, a messenger boy, on a bicycle. The machine collided with the boy, and the curbstone at the same moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

Thanks Herb ...

Looks like a great place to visit !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 03:39 pm:

http://www.dammingtheosage.com/tag/robert-mcclure-snyder-sr/t site

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Sounds like and interesting fellow........

He was charged for bribery, his son for bank robbery, among other things. The same son was murdered in the west prior to Robert's death. The chauffer was charged for the messenger boy's death.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 04:38 pm:

It took a while, but it appears the car was a Royal Tourist.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration