Wire connection at rear of '26 tail light

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wire connection at rear of '26 tail light
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw Richmond Va. on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

What am I missing about how the wire connects to the square brass shank that extends from the rear of the light. I see a vertical hole; but no fastener. The original wire is obviously broken off and seemed to have a bullet styled connector lodged in the vertical hole.
Another conundrum for the Happiness Council.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

The one on my dad's 26 Tudor:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:22 pm:

Lee,If you will send me an address,I will give you one of those Bullet connectors. They were held in place by a spring loaded connection inside that square shank. All you have to do is solder it on your tail light wire.jackdaron@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:27 pm:

That's darned nice of you, Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw Richmond Va. on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 11:16 pm:

Mark, your's appears to be an improved version.
Jack, you hit the nail on the head! I extracted the bullet and found a spring-loaded ball in the center of the shank. Thank you for your willingness to send me one.
I know, in thanking you, that I speak for many forum members that you have assisted in the past. If truth were known, I'll bet you're the chairman of the Happiness Council.
Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Bullet connector on tail lamp wire, inserted into Ford rear lamp socket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Of course, if you have the deluxe tail lamp, it's all different.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration