The Last Car Standing Was?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: The Last Car Standing Was?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, July 01, 2016 - 10:46 pm:

Today i had to run some errands in preparation for the big holiday weekend, so i hopped into my GMC truck, put my foot on the brake pedal, and it went straight to the floor...bummer. No surprise that my 16 year old truck had blown a brake line, live with the PITA that it is, and move on i told myself. Next i jumped into my go-fast Subaru turbo that only has 30k on the odometer, and about a mile from home i realized something was wrong when i got that unmistakable whiff of burning brakes. When i turned around and got home, the diagnoses was pretty obvious from the smoke that was billowing from the wheel, frozen caliper. At this point i was pretty frustrated at my bad luck till i realized i still had at least one more vehicle to use, yes my 91 year old Model T. Not only did it do everything i asked it to without even a grumble, i actually found out how many groceries you could actually squeeze into a turtledeck. Weekend saved, thanks Henry! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 12:49 am:

So, John, when you replace the calipers on your Subaru, make sure the pistons are stainless, not the cheap inferior plastic derivative.

My wife owns a couple of Subaru Service Centers and can tell you the off brand rebuilt cheapies just will not give you the service you want. In your area a Subaru dealer should have factory rebuilt units that will serve you very well. Yes you will pay a bit more but you will be very satisfied with the results.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 01:47 am:

Or, just junk that trash and rely on the Old Reliable ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 01:57 am:

And the Model T wins the day!

WAIT, It didn't even grumble at you?
Cool. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration