Milwaukee timer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Milwaukee timer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 05:38 pm:

Found this with some of my timers.

timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 06:11 pm:

Neat! There is a dedicated accessory timer thread on the MTFCI forum, this would be a great addition if you are so inclined. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

Neat!
I have a few Milwaukee timers. But they are all standard roller type Milwaukee timers, nothing like that.
Thank you for sharing that here as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, July 02, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Nice! I have about 30+ different timers in my little collection,but none like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Does it fit a Model T? It looks like it drives with a keyed shaft.(or I suppose the head of the pin on a Model T camshaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:17 am:

If it was made to use on a T there must have been some type of key that fit in the hole in the camshaft. It probably would have come with the timer when it was purchased. Just an opinion.
And if there was its probably long gone since it was such a small part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:02 am:

Nothing like taking a simple working design and complicating the heck out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Darel

That bronze one is 'Improved' timer, Milwaukee made several styles of timers.

Have that and others in my collection, and a standard type Milwaukee with the case made of Bakelite! Mfg.'s were always looking for the perfect timer..... As if the T owner wanted a perfect car !! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

I also have several of the Bakelite ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

As far as timers designs that stood the test of time, looks like it was the original roller style, the New Day, and the Anderson.

If they are being made as reproductions that must be the test.

And of course variations of the above!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration