23 Touring lower windshield post bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 23 Touring lower windshield post bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Hurt on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:13 am:

I have a 23 touring with a one man top. The lower windshield mounts through a slotted hole at the mid point of the post. I can not find (or figure out) the type of bolt or attachment that is used. The 17-22 years have a bolt with a spring. I have looked over the major parts suppliers online catalogs and can't find anything. Suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Round head slotted machine screw, also holds the curtain hook.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:19 am:

I believe that screw is the same one that holds the transmission inspection door on the early models. The later ones are too short. They were originally raven finished. I have NOS ones on my '25 roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:35 am:

Well I am glad I saw this. I went to to the shop to take a picture of mine and discovered the passenger side has vibrated itself out and is gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 03:10 pm:

https://www.amazon.com/Hard---Find-Fastener-014973316648-16-18-Inch/dp/B003QZK8U 8/ref=sr_1_2?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1467572791&sr=1-2&keywords=5%2F16-18x3%2F4 +slotted+round

Unless I am mistaken the correct machine screw is 5/16-18x3/4. I went to tractor supply and could only find a hex head which will stand in for the moment. The above link on amazon is as close as I can find on the web. Perhaps there is a restoration supply place with something more authentic. I just ordered a box of these, so now I will have 99 spares.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration