Another long time T guy gone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Another long time T guy gone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:32 am:

Last night I lost my Dad, just 4 hours after being told he was terminal. He was 84. He joined the MTFCA in 1967. In the last 5 years he learned a lot about T's from forum and told me how much he enjoyed reading and learning over the years. So on my Dads behalf I would like to thank all of you. I don't know how I'm going to carry on with the T without him, but I will try. Dad was well known out in Calgary back in the day and our T lead the parade the day they opened Heritage Park 1964. RIP Dad {Jack Mavins} And as he always said good bye CHEERS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:41 am:

Our condolences to you and your family Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:52 am:

Very sorry to hear this Colin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Colin in our conversations you often talked about your dad and I knew that from those conversations you were also best friends. Colin I am always reminded during these times a quote that gives me comfort. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing". My prayers are with you and your family's earthly loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:25 am:

I am sorry for your Loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:14 am:

So sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:48 am:

I am sorry.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Colin, my sympathy and prayers go out to you.
Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Colin, our prayers go with you, and be thankful for the memories, Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:34 am:

On behalf of the Foothills Model T Ford Club, in Calgary, our condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:47 am:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank You for sharing his great story and a
Great picture to symbolize his legacy on here.

I'm only a recently added member but I can Thank You for the valuable time these kind members have shared with me already.

You father's joining this community of generous enthusiasts back in the 1960's probably means that he was surely a positive influence on many over the years and I will picture him leading our virtual parade of Model T collectors just as he led that parade in Calgary.

Cheers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

My condolences to you and your family.

You will find a way to carry on the Model T traditions your father started and there could be no better way to remember him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:34 pm:

Sorry to hear. My thought are with you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

We are sorry for your loss, your father was in the Calgary club before we were involved with Model Ts. What year did your dad leave Calgary?

We have always enjoyed Heritage Park as a family and with the car clubs.

This photo was a Vintage Ford cover a few years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:26 pm:

Colin,

My oldest sister, Marie Anne, died back in 1998.

I took it really hard.

I am the youngest of (6) kids and she was my Mom growing up.

My parents were always at the family furniture store.

I will share the following with you:

While she was still able to stand & speak,
all six of us " kids " stood in a circle
and held hands according to her wishes.

She then asked us each to tell out loud how we would remember here.

My turn came & I said " In Nature ".

When we were finished Marie stepped out of the circle and joined the hands of her siblings together on either side of her.

" I am still here with you - I will always be with you " is what my sister said.

Marie lived in Cornville, AZ less than a mile from Oak Creek School where she & her husband Rob both taught.

At the bottom of the bluff on which their house was built flowed Oak Creek.

They were adjacent to national forest land.

At night you could see the twinkling lights of Jerome on Mingus Mountain.

The day she was laid to rest it stormed fiercely - hail and sleet and wind followed by calm and peace.

At times - even today - I feel her presence in Nature.

Your Dad will ALWAYS be with you and all you have to do is take a moment to be quiet and think of him.

I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless you & your family.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

So sorry for your loss Colin. I lost my Dad 20 years ago, and I can tell you that "Freighter Jim" is absolutely right,.....your Dad will ALWAYS be with you. In so many things I do, I can't help thinking whether or not my Dad would approve, or not. And about what "Freighter Jim" just wrote,....I've read that a couple times now,....one of the best pieces I've ever read on the forum! Sometimes, the Good Lord speaks thru' one of us,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 04:21 pm:

Colin, It always saddens me to hear of such a loss. The fact that it happens to everybody from time to time, and happens every day to somebody, simply does not make it any easier.
Feel your pain. Rejoice in the good times that you did share together. Then continue on. He will always be with you, and a part of you. Especially when you are driving or working on a model T, or spending quality time with friends or family.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 06:59 pm:

May God Bless you and your family. May He give you strength and hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Colin, we are sorry for the loss. Sounds like your dad would appreciate you looking after the T. I still have my dad and often now wonder what I will do some day. Our prayers are with you and your family. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:07 pm:

Very sorry for your loss, my Dad passed away last Sept. and I miss him very much. May God bless you and your family.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration