KC Warford transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: KC Warford transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:23 am:

Have a 1927 model tt truck, thinking of putting in a kc warford transmission. What can I expect to get top speed. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:53 am:

About 30 mph if you have the low speed gears in the rear end, 45 or better with the high speed gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

My TT has low speed rear end gears and a Muncie. I believe the Muncie and the Warford have similar overdrive ratios. On flat ground, flat out maximum speed with a tail wind is 33 MPH, but I wouldn't cruise at that speed. 25-28 MPH is much more comfortable.

If you add a Warford and your truck doesn't already have auxiliary brakes, you'll need to add them as a party of your project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 07:01 am:

If you are serious about the KC, then check out the TT version they make. I don't think you will regret it. The OD will help you out on top if you are looking for that. You will need the high speed gears to get your cruising speed up there. And as the guys always remind us, you have to have motor to pull the gear and brakes to stop it. I will say the KC is a neat little box that you can easily shift. I have very little drive time on mine, so I won't try to tell you what it really can and can't do but you can at least do your math and figure out the rpm vs speed you will end up with. Good starting point to figure out what you want to do. Then the HOW and $$$ kicks in! Good luck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration