1911 T Awaken From its Slumber

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1911 T Awaken From its Slumber
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 10:58 am:

I posted a few months ago that my uncle has graciously given me my grandfathers second model t.

Today we pulled it out of storage and into the light. It's been in secure dry storage since the late 80's, last time it was started was 2002.

Luckily my uncle is a car guy so he properly stored the car. We added some gas and water and after a few cranks he fired up.

Here's some pics I took with my cell phone, not the best. I'll get better pictures when I start cleaning "Carl".

Carl is in overall good condition, I will preserve him only, no restoration will be done. He needs just a good cleaning and minor mechanical touch ups to get him road worthy. Carl even delighted us by starting on magneto :-).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:17 am:

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it out in the daylight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 11:20 am:

Simply awesome. I ask about the rear axle to see if you Uncle knows if it was rebuilt and if bronze thrust washers were installed vs babbitt. He may not know. If that is true I strongly encourage you to rebuild the rear axle just to be sure and for obvious safety concerns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:04 pm:

Well, how does it drive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:21 pm:

Looks good, except this is probably the only time I have seen a T with a 30 X 3 wheel on the right front and a 30 X 3 1/2" demountable on the left front.

Congratulations on keeping another one in the family!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Phillip,

A wild guess here ....

" Carl " was your Uncle's name ?

Beautiful T .... :-)

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Royce, I noticed the wheel difference also, the correct wheel has a bad tire so my g'pa put this one on as fix.

Carl was my grandfathers middle name, so I named the t after him. My 16 coupelet's name is Isabel which is my grandmothers middle name.

My uncle drove the car into my trailer, I thought it was fitting to let him drive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Great car and story. Thank you for posting, and as Steve mentioned, looking forward to more pics in the light or as you bring it along.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Sunday, July 03, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

If Carl needs a place to stay for a few more years I would be happy to make up a room for him. I promise to keep him well fed and dry and go for long walks on sunny days.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:19 am:

Bob McD, Do you need an older babysitter for that 1913 youngster of yours?

Philip B, Congratulations! Be grateful for good family, enjoy, and care for that family treasure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 12:20 am:

I look forward to seeing more...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Wow can't wait to see the progress. It's been waiting to get out in the light. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

Looks great!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

I own an 11 open runabout just like yours. You are going to love it. I drive mine all the time. Enjoy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration